• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok ingo I know nothing about this M1 carbine I just received from my father. I was hoping someone could help me out. What I do know is that it says winchester under the rear sight with serial # 65133**. It has Arlington Ordnance Arlington,Va on the bottom barrel and it has an N on the top of the barrel. It also has the box and paperwork which also say Arlington Ordnance. Is this an import, any idea when it was made???? I know this is not a collectors edition just curious what I have acquired. Thanks for ur help in advance.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It was made by Winchester here in the US. Exported by the US Gov sometime in the past and imported back into this country by Arlington Ordnance. The high serial number indiactes it was made near the end of production.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Arlington Ordinance was an importer of Garands and carbines back in the 70s and 80s. I believe.

A little intardnets searching reveals Arlington Ordnance was a company that imported old original GI M1 Garand and carbine barrels [and rifles] from Korea back in the Reagan era, and then refurbished them.

I saw a few folks on the 'net saying good things about "arsenal rebuilt" Arlington Ordnance barrels...
    My Garand, purchased from a Muncie gun store in 1991, has an Arlington Ordinance stamp on the barrel.

I don't recall any bad news about ARL ORD when I researched my Garand a couple of years ago.

If it's any comfort to you, my M1 performs flawlessly.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    When Arlington Imports brought in the Carbines and Garands in the 90's, they were CHEAP. Wholesale on the carbines was $90, and the Garands were $125. Most were reparkerized, and many had junk stocks made out of Korean Chew wood. Other than that, they weed pretty good weapons.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Your M1 carbine was produced by Winchester (obviously) during the May to June 1945 time frame. Look closely at the "u" on the barrel. Winchester made their own barrels with a couple of markings - the nearest to the "u" would really be a "w". So, unless the rifle had been rebarreled at some point in it's 56 year life, using a nonperiod produced barrel, which might be the case, it should be a "w".

I am a small time collector of the M1 carbine as a hobby, so let me know if you have further questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Top Bottom