• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Gunbroker has their 15 minute rule, so really bidding any time under 15 minutes is going to reset the "clock" to 15 minutes anyhow, whether you bid at 14 minutes to go or 30 seconds to go.
    Indeed, but having a bid come in at 30 sec. to go is somewhat disconcerting, as you suddenly have another bidder on the scene, who hasn't previously appeared, with no bidding history on that item.

Just saying. (Been on the receiving end a few times...)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    So it’s funny I almost picked one of those up a year ago and did not. I do have one in 22 and it’s a nice little rifle. I hate the hard plastic stock but could get over it. Can you put a pmag in there or no?
    Yes. That's a pmag in the pic. Came with one from ruger.

Last edited:

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    If you have a decent gunsmith, find a Remington Model 722, and get a new barrel for it in the chamber you want. They can be had on gunbroker for as little as $300 to $400 if you wait it out and shop around. That model was designed for short cartridges like this. I had one many moons ago in .222 Remington Magnum.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    If you are willing to travel i can check my local gun shops see what they have in stock and prices for you. But its a 3 hour drive from NWI depending on your location. I'm sure a few would ship to a local ffl for you if need be.
    Thanks for the offer. I just bought another toy so I am not in a huge hurry but sounds like I will be joining a club in a couple months and will be able to shoot at some steel so looking for it now

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks for the offer. I just bought another toy so I am not in a huge hurry but sounds like I will be joining a club in a couple months and will be able to shoot at some steel so looking for it now
    Okay I'll check around going to hit a few lgs tomorrow see what they have

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US
    1:9 in my experience loves the lighter bullets 55gr and under some shot 62 and 75gr fine which doesn't make sense to me.
    My AR, at 1:9 twist stabilizes 62gr soft points without complaint. It does stabilize 75-77 gr otm/bthp, but not as... consistently as I would like.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My AR, at 1:9 twist stabilizes 62gr soft points without complaint. It does stabilize 75-77 gr otm/bthp, but not as... consistently as I would like.

My friend uses 1:9 for varmint hunting. He uses 50gr TnT Speer hp and shoots moa or less with them. My 1:8 twist absolutely hates them no matter what powder primer brass combo we tried. It does okay with Hornady 55gr fmj at around 1.5-2 moa 62gr I gave up on. It loves Hornady 75gr bthp. .5moa or less 10 shot groups.

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US
    My friend uses 1:9 for varmint hunting. He uses 50gr TnT Speer hp and shoots moa or less with them. My 1:8 twist absolutely hates them no matter what powder primer brass combo we tried. It does okay with Hornady 55gr fmj at around 1.5-2 moa 62gr I gave up on. It loves Hornady 75gr bthp. .5moa or less 10 shot groups.
    Long time no see I've noticed that the 1:8s are kind of interesting. They are solid for MOST things, but on either end of the spectrum they fall apart a bit. I try to stay yo the heavy end of things, even in ARs, but I (and don't hate me for this) actually like varmint rounds for home defense.

I would think that in reality 1:8 would be a good place for a bolt gun. It can, with some luck, manage some heavier varmint rounds up to 77gr otm which is solid for a vast majority of the game that I would feel comfortable shooting with 5.56

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I
    Long time no see I've noticed that the 1:8s are kind of interesting. They are solid for MOST things, but on either end of the spectrum they fall apart a bit. I try to stay yo the heavy end of things, even in ARs, but I (and don't hate me for this) actually like varmint rounds for home defense.

I would think that in reality 1:8 would be a good place for a bolt gun. It can, with some luck, manage some heavier varmint rounds up to 77gr otm which is solid for a vast majority of the game that I would feel comfortable shooting with 5.56

1:8 was supposed to be the all around twist. It isn't it leans to the heavy pills. At least mine does. My cousin in SD uses a 1:12 and he shoots 40gr Varminter and BL C2 powder he loads them to around 3200fps and has very good accuracy out to 300 yards.

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US
    I

1:8 was supposed to be the all around twist. It isn't it leans to the heavy pills. At least mine does. My cousin in SD uses a 1:12 and he shoots 40gr Varminter and BL C2 powder he loads them to around 3200fps and has very good accuracy out to 300 yards.
    You're over my head with hand loading data brother. My 1:8 does about everything I ask. I also don't shoot anything lighter than 50gr, and usually no lighter than 55gr; i also top out at 77gr otmYou're over my head with hand loading data brother. My 1:8 does about everything I ask. I also don't shoot anything lighter than 50gr, and usually no lighter than 55gr; i also top out at 77gr otm.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You're over my head with hand loading data brother. My 1:8 does about everything I ask. I also don't shoot anything lighter than 50gr, and usually no lighter than 55gr; i also top out at 77gr otmYou're over my head with hand loading data brother. My 1:8 does about everything I ask. I also don't shoot anything lighter than 50gr, and usually no lighter than 55gr; i also top out at 77gr otm.

I'm an accuracy nut. No more is 3 moa acceptable unless its open sights lol. I find loading to your rife gets the best results even over factory ammo. I have not found a factory load that out preforms my 75gr Hornady BTHP for my rifle. I think it's a little picky. That said the only factory round it likes is the Fiocchi 55gr. It is around 1.25 moa. My rifle hates xm855, and M193 ammo. It shoots around 2.5 moa with those rds. It actually shoots wolf 55gr better than our military grade ammo. Wolf is around 2 moa in my rifle. I don't shoot steel cases much but if someone gifts it to me it hits the range. If I didn't reload I would probably shoot all steel case ammo lol.

Top Bottom