hi point carbine, kel tec sub, mossberg 715t?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • surferfox72

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    south bend
    OK, here goes ....I have a couple 715t's, looking to get another rifle but no idea which is better...me etc sub 9mm or hi point 9mm....pros cons.. any help from yo more experianced would be appreciated. :D

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I would say that the Kel-Tec is a better gun because of the options is offers (folding, aftermarket parts, take standard manufacturer mags).

But good luck getting one in this market for less than your first born child.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    s2k simply for the 33 round evil high capacity boolit clips. I've got the glock branded and the korean (alot cheaper) funsticks and both work fine. oh, and the folding feature is the bees knees. I'd wait till the madness is over though. $900 is waaaay too much for these.

surferfox72

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    south bend
    thanks for all replys ...this is why the forum is great...can bounce ideas around. There are more advantages with Kel tec I guess.

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a Hi point and can't say enough about it. I have put 400-500 rounds through it and never an issue. Incredibly accurate and fun to shoot. The only drawback is finding mags for it. I like it so much I am thinking about a 4595 if I could find one at a reasonable price.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I own a hi point because I got it really cheap... but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a Keltec for the simple reason it accepts those 33 round glock mags.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'd go with the Kel-Tec if you can find a good deal on one. Don't give the ridiculous inflated price people are asking for them right now. For $1000, buy an UZI, 9MM AR, or Beretta Storm.

Reason for the Kel-Tec > Hi Point is mostly because the the Kel-Tec utilizes common high capacity handgun mags. That, and I simply hate HiPoint :puke:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I have owned both. The hi-point is a really nice gun, but the lack of high-capacity mags sucks (mine was an older model that could not use the 15 rd mags). Sub 2000's just cost too much right now, but its hard to knock a folding gun. You can't go wrong with either - it just depends on how much you want to spend.

I am looking for a 4595 right now.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have also owned both. S2k is a little hard to get a good cheek weld on, but is accurate and versatile. Hi-Point is much cheaper (you could buy 3 now for the price of one s2k), and with factory mags works well. Higher capacity after-market mags are problematic. Some feed well and some never will.

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    I have talked to coworkers that have both and enjoy both. The only complaint I've heard about the keltec is the front site and about the hi point is the mags, but both are good shooting guns worth the money spent. Don't know about todays prices though.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    The hi points shoot great. Had one in 9mm but got tired of loading the 10 rd mags. The foldable feature is what originally sold me on the Kel Tec for a bug out bag. Then the higher cap mags, good aftermarket support, and KTs amazing customer service.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    IMHO, FWIW, the Kel-Tec "advantage" is the matter of rounds in a magazine.

I do not like Kel-Tec's quality, many people find it more than acceptable.

I have handled both and they "feel" similar to me. I have shot the High Point and it is accurate and easy to shoot. 10 rounds is not an issue to me, but that is because of the use for this tool.

IF you can find a Beretta CX4 Storm I would jump all over that one! Much superior carbine, good options in magazines, accurate, feels superior to your two choices. I have shot one a few times, EVERYONE loved it!!!

vindictor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Keltec is a really nice gun with more options. For price of entry you can't beat a Hi Point. Both will shoot where you aim. Good luck finding anything at this point.

Top Bottom