• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    hello all, my dad is purchasing a Browning Hi Power in 9mm. I think its a good deal at $429. problem is it has a compensated barrel, about a inch longer than normal. he is not a fan of it and wanted me to find a regular barrel. i figued i would check to see it anyone was interested in a barrel trade. he will be getting out of layway on the sixth of febuary, and i will have pictures the day after. if no one is interested some info on where to get a good quality barrel. thanks again.
    Ric

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    hello all, my dad is purchasing a Browning Hi Power in 9mm. I think its a good deal at $429. problem is it has a compensated barrel, about a inch longer than normal. he is not a fan of it and wanted me to find a regular barrel. i figued i would check to see it anyone was interested in a barrel trade. he will be getting out of layway on the sixth of febuary, and i will have pictures the day after. if no one is interested some info on where to get a good quality barrel. thanks again.
    Ric

He must have went to Bradis, I wondered where that went. It is a pretty good deal. If you can't find any takers (and I doubt you will because usually hi-power barrels are serial numbered to the guns and it would likely ruin their value to swap barrels) you could just have an area gunsmith lop it off and recrown it to standard specs, shouldn't cost too much (which is what I was going to do but your dad beat me to it!). Getting a different barrel will likely cost a little over 100.00 to 200.00 for say a bar-sto which will need fitting.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    He must have went to Bradis, I wondered where that went. It is a pretty good deal. If you can't find any takers (and I doubt you will because usually hi-power barrels are serial numbered to the guns and it would likely ruin their value to swap barrels) you could just have an area gunsmith lop it off and recrown it to standard specs, shouldn't cost too much (which is what I was going to do but your dad beat me to it!). Getting a different barrel will likely cost a little over 100.00 to 200.00 for say a bar-sto which will need fitting.
    Damn, I'm sorry. Where do i find a local gunsmith? anybody out there that will keep the price reasonable?
    thanks for the info.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Dadshighpower.jpg
    the pics i promised, dads high power.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    where did you get it done? and was it done well?
    I had a cut, thread, and permanently attached Vortex done... It looked great.... I went through Elmore's.... I think they farmed the job out but that was 4 or 5 years ago. I think Jason (the owner's son) is doing it personally now..... Just give em a call.... Russ, George, or Jason can let you know.
    317 888-5400 I think.......
    They are open till 6

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I had a cut, thread, and permanently attached Vortex done... It looked great.... I went through Elmore's.... I think they farmed the job out but that was 4 or 5 years ago. I think Jason (the owner's son) is doing it personally now..... Just give em a call.... Russ, George, or Jason can let you know.
    317 888-5400 I think.......
    They are open till 6
    awesome info, just called and it would be 75-85 dollars. thanks for the help.

Top Bottom