• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    Swapping out a QD mount for rings and realized the rings I have are Low Profile and I need High Profile. While searching saw an option for Extra High Profile . Any advantage to extra high vs standard high ?
    Scope is a DiamondBack 6x24
    Platform is an AR10 with Keymod rail
    The rings I’m looking at are the Swampfox Hostile Engagement with the RMR cut into the back ring.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Swapping out a QD mount for rings and realized the rings I have are Low Profile and I need High Profile. While searching saw an option for Extra High Profile . Any advantage to extra high vs standard high ?
    Scope is a DiamondBack 6x24
    Platform is an AR10 with Keymod rail
    The rings I’m looking at are the Swampfox Hostile Engagement with the RMR cut into the back ring.

All depends on your cheek weld/head placement. If high rings are comfortable, I'd leave well enough alone. Extra high MAY bring you off the platform a bit much and make you stretch to get good alignment. My :twocents: of course.

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    All depends on your cheek weld/head placement. If high rings are comfortable, I'd leave well enough alone. Extra high MAY bring you off the platform a bit much and make you stretch to get good alignment. My :twocents: of course.
    That’s what I figured , honestly so used to redot mounts and QD’s that I have no experience with the extra high like I stated but if I’ve been okay this far with standard no since changing things. Appreciate the response !

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    That’s what I figured , honestly so used to redot mounts and QD’s that I have no experience with the extra high like I stated but if I’ve been okay this far with standard no since changing things. Appreciate the response !

I'm in the "scope mounted as low as possible" club. As close as I can get to the bore axis without making contact or obstructing anything is my preferred placement, as seen below.
    8a0edd3952871de9b4fc6d28752b6f00.jpg

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am a second for the closest to the bore club. I have actually had to touch the lens cover to the grinding wheel to thin it down to pass between the scope and barrel...

Top Bottom