• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    I am very happy with my .308 PTR. The trigger is far superior to the one on my former SAR 3. I did have feeding issues in the beginning. Sent it back to PTR for rapid and free replacement of a weak ejector spring. Not all the furniture matched in the beginning. Bought an OD fore end from HK Parts. Installed a Precision Armament M4-72 Muzzle Brake and a Bill Springfield longer stroke recoil buffer. This is now my softest shooting .308. Installed an ACOG Red Chevron. This rifle now feeds steel case as easily as brass. Very happy with it.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I am very happy with my .308 PTR. The trigger is far superior to the one on my former SAR 3. I did have feeding issues in the beginning. Sent it back to PTR for rapid and free replacement of a weak ejector spring. Not all the furniture matched in the beginning. Bought an OD fore end from HK Parts. Installed a Precision Armament M4-72 Muzzle Brake and a Bill Springfield longer stroke recoil buffer. This is now my softest shooting .308. Installed an ACOG Red Chevron. This rifle now feeds steel case as easily as brass. Very happy with it.
    :postpics:

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    Dang, they jumped up that much huh? I picked mine up second hand. It was hardly used. It was loaded with a bunch of extras and the only thing I bought for it was a carry handle and a MFI low profile scope mount. I paid $1100 for mine since the guy had more wrapped up in it. I was feeling kinda bad for spending that much on a used PTR but it runs like a top.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I have two PTR rifles, a PTR 91F from 2013 and a PTR 32KF that is a gen 1.5 rifle firing 7.62 x 39. Both are built like tanks, they are heavy vs an AR but very simple but mind the bolt gap. The PTR 32 like brass as well as steel case ammo but doesn't like some AK mags, seems that their is a variance in mag builds that is a knock on the 32 from some AK fanboys. Also have a Vector V-93 built in 2013 that has been good to me and again shoots brass and steel cased 5.56 but because it has a 1:12 barrel will not shoot 62gr well. Might be doing a re barrel to a 1:7 twist rate for it.
    Wish I had a Uncle Kirk who gifts a PTR 91.

Jump62
    aka Paul

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have heard the PTR32 runs best with Pmags and doesn't seem to like any steel mag. Been tempted by it but price has gone up $300+. If I'm only gonna buy one roller delay battle rifle it's probably going to be real f'n NATO and damn the cost of ammo.

Top Bottom