• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've used Hornady dies with the eliptical expander and love them, that being said when I bought my dillon 550 it came with dillon 223 dies and I use those exclusivly now but he main reason is the built in stuck case feature.

the only dies I would buy is dillon or hornady

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have used Hornady alot but am getting away from them and going to Redding or RCBS even Lee.
    I like everything about Hornady except the sizing dies don't compress the brass enough and have caused me issues with neck tension on some brands brass that are thinner then others.
    On some calibers it doesn't seem to matter but Hornady consistently re sizes larger than the other brand dies I now use

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I do RCBS for rifles due to the x-die feature. My pistol dies are the Hornady new dimension and they seem to work exactly as expected.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have a couple sets of hornady dies, 45 ACP& LC, and I love them. I do have a few other calibers for handgun in the lee line, and they are OK, but not as "refined" as the Hornady dies. As far as my rifle dies, I started out with lee, but quickly have moved to the RCBS X sizing dies, and love them compared to the lee sizing dies.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    All my pistol dies are Hornady. 9mm, 40 S&W, 357mag, 45 acp, and 44mag. Have never had a problem with them and have been using some for over 20 years. Also have rifle dies in 204 Ruger, 243, and 30-06 and have had no problems with any of them either. Very happy with my Hornady dies.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    They work as well as other dies...I can't say they are worth the extra cost but I have not had any trouble with necks that are not concentric.

Top Bottom