• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Welcome to INGO and congrats on the new gun. While waiting on your LTCH, now is a good time to start holster shopping. The key to comfortable carry is a good quality belt and holster. Many people that carry have drawers full of junk holsters they wasted money on before spending the money on a good quality holster. You don't need to spend a lot on a good holster, but the one size fits all variety tend to fit nothing well.

Your holster choice will need to take your style of carry into consideration. You have choices in OWB, IWB, thumb break, paddle, scabbard and on and on. It's all fun stuff to figure out.

It's a great time to be a gun owner.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Welcome to INGO, and congratulations on your firearm purchase. :ingo: :yesway:
    Spend some time reading the forum. you'll find good info, but more importantly good people here.

Next thing to do is get the License to carry process started. There are a couple ways to go about it, but searching INGO will give you the info you need. While that is in the works, determine what style of carry you wish to pursue(open carry, concealed inside the wasteband, or outside, off body, etc.) start shopping for a good belt and holster. (INGO and internet searches again).

And, If you can swing it, get some professional basic handgun training. You'll be glad you did. Once again ..peruse INGO..you'll find advertisers on here offering basic handgun training and so much more!

Recently it has become legal to transport the handgun to and from a shooting range without a carry license, so you could transport it unloaded to a range, and begin practicing, while waiting for the LTCH. It really is best to do this with an experienced friend, if you are new to handguns.
    Good luck!

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    If you are new to shooting, one of the best things you can do is to take a class. There are several fine instructors on INGO. ACT, Adaptive Training and Consulting puts on several classes a year and is a good "bang for your buck". Also, an NRA basic pistol course given by GoColt is a good place to start. Both will be money well spent.

sigmachijc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Zionsville
    I have my gun in my name. I'm Clint Glock19 Cloys. It wasn't too hard to do.:dunno:

Seriously to the OP, everyone above me is right in their statments.

P.S. I'm thinking about changing to Clint Cloys G19, you know, to sound more prestigious, like adding ESQ to the end. Whadda ya think?

This made my day

Justin Coleman, HK ESQ

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    I understand that you do not need to register in Indiana, but what about the situation where your gun is stolen? Do you need to register the serial number with the authorities in case that weapon is used in a crime, or is a police report of the event enough?

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    If you are new to shooting, one of the best things you can do is to take a class. There are several fine instructors on INGO. ACT, Adaptive Training and Consulting puts on several classes a year and is a good "bang for your buck". Also, an NRA basic pistol course given by GoColt is a good place to start. Both will be money well spent.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at a NRA hangun class through the MCF&G where I'm a new member too. I have also heard about classes that GLock and Springfield put on. Something to think about moving forward.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at a NRA hangun class through the MCF&G where I'm a new member too. I have also heard about classes that GLock and Springfield put on. Something to think about moving forward.

Chris puts on a good class. I have been there to assist him with some of his classes. It will be money well spent. Hope to see you there.

Top Bottom