• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 with a suppressor and brace. Overall length is ~24". I would like to carry this, but I can't figure out how. I have been looking into a single point sling with QD button. I know nothing about single point slings and if that is feasible or not. Concealment is NOT a concern.

Would like to hear from anyone who has experience with a single point sling, and those who have carried a PDW in whatever manner.

Thanks.

Fishing woman.jpeg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like these. Two point, and has a quick adjust that is awesome. It can be carried across the body nice and tight. When you need to get busy, you grab the handle on the front adjustment buckle and with a quick pull it lengthens the sling to firing length.

If you are going to the Mouse's memorial, let me know and I can bring mine for you to fondle.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have and use both. Weight of the pistol would dictate the sling I use. For 2 point slings on Pistols, I use Wisemen Companies Baseline 2 point sling. 1" wide with a nice slider in a variety of colors and camo patterns. https://wisemencompany.com/baseline-2-point-sling/
    For a single point I have a Tactical Link single point that works well on lighter weight guns, but I still typically use 2 point slings. In my experience, 2 point slings hold the weapon tighter to the body and give you the ability to rotate the weapon around to the offside to access your secondary better without interference.
    I use 2 point slings from Wisemen Company, Magpul & Blue Force Gear on my AR's and all are well made and highly recommended.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    If you are going to the Mouse's memorial, let me know and I can bring mine for you to fondle.
    I am not planning to attend. Thank you for the kind offer. Very nice, part of what makes INGO such a good place.

I will look at the two point slings, after these replies. The Vickers and the Magpul MS4 specifically.

I was looking more at this one -

FX-9 violin case

In either case, neither one is practical for what I would like to do. Neat, for sure.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I will look at the two point slings, after these replies. The Vickers and the Magpul MS4 specifically.

I am a MS4 guy. I have a few. I like the versatility of two point to single point and visa versa as needed.

I also like the versatility of numerous QD mounting points. Always err on the side of buying components with all the QD mounts possible built in. End plate, both sides of stock or brace, both ends and sides of rail.

The adjustability of the MS4 (and mounts) also allows for creative sling storage on the gun and or creative storage of the whole package, such as hanging from coat hooks on doors lockers and the like.

Top Bottom