How fastidious are you as it relates to reloading your straight-walled pistol brass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which practices do you follow?

• I don't load straight-walled pistol cartridges

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I load only brass that I know the history of

Votes: 2 4.9%
    • I log and count the number of times each case is shot and discard them when they hit a certain count

Votes: 1 2.4%
    • I carefully measure all of the brass I reload and trim or discard anything that is out of spec

Votes: 5 12.2%
    • I stick to certain brands or head stamps of brass

Votes: 4 9.8%
    • Let's face it, I'm a brass omnivore - if I finds it, I reloads it (as long as it isn't damaged)

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    .223: Deprimed, swaged primer pockets, yes. Tried deprime & sizing but it puts too much load on the pass-through shell holder and pulls the cases out of it. They don't have enough grip on the rim. Good, thorough lube helps but makes a mess of things. I keep it fed with a dillon casefeeder.

9mm mil not sure what you mean... swaged primers? sure. size and deprime as fast as I can pull the lever, Run them all through again to swage pockets.

They're cheapish so totally worth it. Get the roller handle, I blistered my hand from the stupid ball it comes with.
    We have an extra case feeder and thats one of the reasons he is looking at the APP.
    He was looking at sizing and deprime 223 and 9mm. Then swedge them.
    Most likely I'll keep doing all of it on my big Dillon for him and my needs.
    Good post sir, Thanks

Top Bottom