• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    So has anyone had this happen to them?

A couple of years ago I caught a mess of bluegills at my lake house and put them in a wire fish basket with the springloaded door at the bottom.

The next day I come out and all the bluegill are gone but I have a really big channel catfish in the basket. It forced its way in through the bottom and ate all my bluegill. Interesting way to catch catfish.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I caught a mess of bluegills at my lake house and put them in a wire fish basket with the springloaded door at the bottom.

The next day I come out and all the bluegill are gone but I have a really big channel catfish in the basket. It forced its way in through the bottom and ate all my bluegill. Interesting way to catch catfish.

Pictures of said catfish?

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    No but while fishing in Otter Creek a few years ago I had a small snapper get in the basket and take bites out every fish in the basket. Needless to say I took a bite outta him and several of his friends I caught on the trot line that night.

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I pulled in the fish basket one night and found a snake in it, scared the hell out of me..

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    The catfish wasn't in there the day before and that would have to be a very very smart turtle to get in and back out of the cage. The catfish also looked like it had a very very full stomach. LOLOL

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Catfish, no.

Snappers yes.

Otters yes, and when 3 or 4 of them are in your boat and on your dock you just say "F it" and let those bad boys eat.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana

Maybe someone else caught a catfish but wanted bluegills and traded you.:D

Top Bottom