• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I didn't perceive it as anything. My post was a commentary on modern woke leftists to whom everything is symbolic of racism and white supremacy. I found it odd there was no outrage considering the ancestry of the group white people marching with torches started the whole racist fascism thing.
    Italians? You mean the March to Rome?

Torches have dozens of meanings throughout history. Why they are even used right here in Indiana. The vast majority of those uses have nothing to do with fascism, racism or any other such nonsense.

indiana_large.jpg

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    No, because we know what the Big Tattoo is. Many of us have traveled to Germany, served in Germany, know Germans, studied their history and/or speak their language. Unless one is dressing up like the ghosts of Confederate soldiers or, you know, actual Nazis.

It is all about context, buck:

German military doing a German military ceremony=>not racists.

American racists dressing up like racists=>racist.
    You think context or even facts matter to the woke?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Use of torches by fascist, authoritarian movements:

Fascists and racists also wear shoes, it does not mean that everyone who wears shoes is a racist.
    This was kind of my point. Just because Americans are marching and carrying torches doesn't mean they're Nazis, or fascists, or white supremacists. Might be, but it's not a guarantee.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Sometimes I think we dropped the Bomb on the wrong people.
    Jake Beser (who was the electronic countermeasure officer on both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki strikes) felt the same way.

Maybe if Adolf didn't waste so much of his remaining assets on the Ardennes/Bulge campaign, he might have been able to hold off the Soviets long enough for Beser to get his wish.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Jake Beser (who was the electronic countermeasure officer on both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki strikes) felt the same way.

Maybe if Adolf didn't waste so much of his remaining assets on the Ardennes/Bulge campaign, he might have been able to hold off the Soviets long enough for Beser to get his wish.
    My family (Dad side) is from there, and believe the same.

If I was alive then and knew what they knew, I would have flown the plane myself.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Meh!

Germans doing German stuff none of my business.

IMO the German Army is the closest to the USA of all of the armies I have worked with. Similar rank system and duties with freedom of maneuver down to squad level.

I wouldn’t want to fight them they held off the Russian “steamroller“ for over two years. BTW they are as good in the defense as the offense.

Top Bottom