I had no idea an air rifle could be powerful enough to take down a Bison(2007)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Unfortunatly most of the L and C equipment was lost to history when the expeditions detractors in washington demanded it be auctioned off to pay for the expenses of the trip.

As I recall the one that L and C had was slightly different from the one in the vid as it's air chamber was an iron ball hanging below the gun.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Unfortunatly most of the L and C equipment was lost to history when the expeditions detractors in washington demanded it be auctioned off to pay for the expenses of the trip.

As I recall the one that L and C had was slightly different from the one in the vid as it's air chamber was an iron ball hanging below the gun.

Like this? I believe that is a Barlock, everything I've seen on the subject says it was a Girandoni on the Lewis & Clark expedition, though I'll admit I wasn't there. :D

attachment.php

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Like this? I believe that is a Barlock, everything I've seen on the subject says it was a Girandoni on the Lewis & Clark expedition, though I'll admit I wasn't there. :D

attachment.php

I am no expert on 200 yo air rifles, I just remember reading an artical about the Land C rifle and in the pic was one like you posted.

Very possibly misinformed on my part.

Top Bottom