I know the crowd here will appreciate this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    I was doing some side work today transferring some data for a friend of mine who has sold out his business to retire.
    I go to the shop where his old PC is to recover the data. I immediately stop and go back to the new owner.
    "Sir could could you please move your AR pistol, so I can get to that desktop? And by the way, it's a really nice build..."
    :D

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Had a similar incident at a home inspection, except the owner was not present. I was walking through the house ahead of the inspector and noticed something in the master bath. I went back to the inspector and advised him that when he got to the master bath, to be careful of the Colt .380 laying on the toilet tank lid. He remarked that it looked just like one that he once owned.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    It looked to be very strategic in placement in the back office to ward off "uninvited guests" or whatever word salad is currently PC for thugs, Meth heads, and thieves.
    From its position and the owners normal place of sitting at his desk, he could quickly take care of the situation. I was scheduled to be there however, and that would have been wise to put up before I got there (if it were me...)

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    Don't think he fully thought it through though,as I did not see any ear pro nearby. In that old block and steel building, that's a candle I would not want to light.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Several years back I was called to do some bath remodeling for a detective on our local police force.
    We showed up on the job and began working.
    We came to a point where we needed plumbing parts. The detective told us to continue working and he would run into town for supplies.
    He also told us where the master bathroom was in case we needed to use it.

He left, and was gone a half hour or so when I needed to use the john.
    When I went through the master bedroom to the bath, I found a Glock sitting on top of the dresser.
    It was in a duty holster and appeared to be loaded.

I've often wondered if it was indeed a working firearm that was unintentionally left in the open, or if just maybe it was left as a lure.

One way or another it didn't really matter.
    It wasn't mine and I wasn't going to touch it.
    I have often wondered though what would have happened to that officer if it WAS his duty gun and it had gotten stolen by someone he invited into his home.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    Had a similar incident at a home inspection, except the owner was not present. I was walking through the house ahead of the inspector and noticed something in the master bath. I went back to the inspector and advised him that when he got to the master bath, to be careful of the Colt .380 laying on the toilet tank lid. He remarked that it looked just like one that he once owned.

My home inspector when we bought a house a few years back turned out to be a big-time gun guy-- used to be a QC inspector at Springfield Armory. I think we talked a lot more about guns and a lot less about things going on with the house inspection!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Guy I deal with has a real winner working for him... I know because I used to work him myself.

He manages a lot of rental properties. Dumb guy goes in with a minion to do some kind of work and notices a firearm tucked away somewhere. He gets it out and starts coon fingering it. Lays it down on a table in a different room and does the work he was sent to do. Then leaves.

Tenant comes home and is livid... calls manager guy and complains. Nobody got hurt... but don't **** with people's stuff is the first rule.

Top Bottom