• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Last night we left a graduation party up North. We drove into Crown Point and started seeing trees down everywhere. We proceded towards Hebron on 231 and decided to turn on county line Rd. What a mess!! Lines,poles, trees down everywhere. The worst I have ever seen.
    We barely made it through to the next highway, only to have the road blocked going east. We went west-lines down as far as we could see. Headed South on a country road-impassable. Took two hours to find a way home. Should have been 40 min.
    I learned alot about how people react to things, and was not impressed. Even though they did not want to go around me, (going ten mile an hour because of debree,wires, roads completely impassible, ect.) They honked, and road my ass, because I apparently was not blazing them a trail fast enough. I even pulled over and they did not want to go around.
    The electric was out everywhere, no traffic lights, nothing.
    I also learned a few lessons on keeping an eye on my emergency supplies. The nephew had drained the spot light he was playing with the last time he was in the truck :xmad:! That would have been really handy! I need to re group a few of my things that I keep in the truck, but over all faired prety well. Had water- food if needed.
    It was a little un nerving to come up on all that mess, but I was really disapointed in others reactions and behavior during this(At least most I encountered). If they would have slowed down and took there time, the chance of them being in an accident or worse, with all the wires hanging above, and on the road, would have been greatly reduced. I told my girlfriend that this is just a taste of what would happen if there were to be some major event(Not that this wasn't).
    Pretty eye opening to say the least, but arrived home safe and said some prayers for the ones that had all the damage to property and homes. Most wide spread damage I have ever seen.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Understandable, so many sheeple are without a clue..

I do a rundown weekly of the supplies and condition of equipment in my vehicles. It may sound like over kill but I even turn on all the lights and walk around the vehicle every time I get gas to check things. I usually lay something on the brake pedal to check them too, I check all the fluids, tire pressures, condition of my spare, batteries, flashlights, etc. during the weekly checks.

I got tired of moving things from vehicle to vehicle so I bought one of each needed in each.

As for other drivers, don't know how else you could have delt with them..

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Yep, the storm was awesome. I reside very close to that area you described and lost part of my roof to a "non tornado" 100+ windstorm. No sirens that my neighbors heard, nor me. Power out for short spell of 5 hrs. My battery lanterns were not working.(3) Now all are working. Pulled the defense weapons, ammo, stored water, extra batterys just to confirm all on the ready. Before leaving for mids(work) reviewed the operation plan if more damage occurs, or zombies roving? Wife is prepped and all is well.
    Note: No power at work for 2 days now. Basic sit and wait using preps, ice coolers. Ok weather though and nights have been really quite except for the chainsaws, gennys, and flashing light of the power co. Glad I have been reading this site and others getting prepped.

Top Bottom