• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I have a rock river arms upper, I was wondering what else I needed to make this a complete rifle. I am assuming I need just a complete lower. I just don't know anything about ar-15's. And this will be only for plinking, and the upper is 5.56/223. How much am I looking to spend? And any suggestion on where to get the stuff? I appreciate any suggestions thanks.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well your going to need something like this Complete PSA AR-15 Lower - Classic Edition - Lower Receivers - Lower Parts - AR-15

A quality complete lower with stock your looking at between 250 and 300 dollars. depending on were you live you can probably get everything you need from your local gun shop. The lower reciver will need to be transferred through an FFL due to it being considered the gun.
    I.e a complete lower. This is what you will want to buy if your not looking to build a stripped lower.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I've seen complete lowers go for 100.00 @ the 1500 Gun & Knife show earlier this year. That included a stock. Shop the coming show later this month. I'm sure you'll find a good deal. Four years ago I paid near 400.00 for a Rock River lower. Things have changed.

mjelder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    West lafayette/Columbus
    Bolt carrying group, and charging handle. like the above said. id its just a plinker and a fun gun you can get a complete palmetto state lower for like 125. They are junk in my opinion, but they will do everything you need them to do.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    How much are the charging handles and the bolt, and should I just pick one up at the 1500. And why are the palmetto's junk. Do I need to look for something particular.
    Thanks

Irishcs05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Carmel
    I've seen complete lowers go for 100.00 @ the 1500 Gun & Knife show earlier this year. That included a stock. Shop the coming show later this month. I'm sure you'll find a good deal. Four years ago I paid near 400.00 for a Rock River lower. Things have changed.

Were these polymer lowers? Brands?

mjelder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    West lafayette/Columbus
    cahrging handles are cheap. like 20 bucks i think. bcg's vary in price depending on the quality.

I dislike palmettos because in my mind you get what you pay for, and they are cheap so i associate them with their price as a cheap product. they are all polymers and kind of ugly. If you want to pair a cheap 22 upper to it then you have the perfect plinking gun, but if you just want something cheap, i dont think it will let you down or break.

Top Bottom