Free: I need knives to sharpen for free!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    Ok, so I have been sharpening knives for myself for a while, however I am going to start doing it a little on the side. I need some practice knives to work on before I feel confident enough to charge people money. I want to practice on your knives for free. I do not want to do serraded blades yet. I am tired of doing my own knives over and over! I am in Beech Grove. PM me if you are interested and we can work out a time for you to bring them by.

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    I have about a 3 ft round stone turned by a 65 yo motor directly wired to 220. I finish it up with a wetstone. If you only have a couple, I would do it right there for you...

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    yes i can do convex, but like i said, need some practice. I have tried the rods, they do not work as well as i would like. my uncle has some machine that does them really well. I thought about doing the rods for the time being though...

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    That is my great uncle Pete. He passed maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I inherited my wheel from my grandfather who passed this past summer. It was my grandfother profession as well. He did not go from place to place, he had a shop. The old truck is actually at my uncles car lot at southeastern and raymond, you may have seen it...its right next to the street.

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    ok, 445 people have looked at this and 3 people have contacted me about it and to date i havent sharpened anything for anyone!

its free!!!! i meet you, you give me your knives or you watch me sharpen, i give them back and i got practice and you got sharper knives

pocket knives, kitchen knives, scissors, whataver!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I have a KA-bar folder I need sharpened, also I have a Kukri Machete, I work in Beech Grove, I don't mind sticking around whilst you sharpen.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom