• JDHOOSIER73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Greenwood
    View attachment 313033
    View attachment 313034

It's fan-freakin-tastic. All I did was take it out of the box, break it down to coat everything in new lube, and start stuffing shells into it. Five rounds of 00 for "break in" and then straight to the grab bag of Walmart trash. 130+ rounds the first outing without a single failure of any kind. 00 buck, three types of cheap Walmart target crap, some #6 squirrel ammo, 1oz slugs, everything cycled it and locked it open and ran great directly out of the box. These guns are marketed as "optimized for Federal Flite Control 00 buck" but they are, legitimately, self-regulating to run commonly available ammo. Angle and velocity of ejection varied across ammo types but everything worked. I'm so thrilled to discover that I don't have to shop for specific high weight or high velocity loads to train with this gun. So far, nothing has broken, backed out, or come loose under firing except for my un-loktited weapon light.

The feature set of the shotgun reflects all the current trends in tactical shotguns. The front end texturing is so aggressive that I ran it with a glove on my left hand, which helps when the barrel gets toasty after 15-20 rounds. No pistol grip stocks are currently supported by this platform. It already comes with a front sling mount and a perfect Mlok slot for a light, which only requires a little stretch to hit the push button with your thumb. The ghost ring sights on this gun are fixed and non-adjustable, but a low mount red dot is easily added. The box includes a fitted piece of velcro for the left side of the receiver, which is great because nobody is really making shell caddies. One thing in particular I appreciated is the well polished lifter, which mitigates the thumbnail-ripping effect I usually get with non-Mossberg systems which require you to push the lifter out of the way to load.

These are selling like hotcakes and it's for a good reason. Mine was $970 shipped. Bereli had a sale recently at $899 shipped for the LE version with a fixed cylinder choke. Based on my experience at the last ACC shotgun match, get the replaceable choke version if you can. High brass birdshot and a full choke was a major match performance improvement for the guys who had them. If you're looking at one, get it. Nothing makes me happier than dropping serious money on a gun and just having it work right out of the box. The A300 utilizes an older operating system than the 1301, but it just runs all day.

My Mossberg is out to pasture and this gun is my new king of home defense.
    I feel the same way. I wasn't even a big shotgun guy but I love my a300 tactical and so far it will eat anything. Had to replace the plastic tube and clamp with Nordic parts but other than that great shotgun.

Reactions: Ark
    Top Bottom