• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nightjunio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    so i have a dumb question. i am attending the ILEA tier 2 program in October and i would like to ask some questions from someone who has attended recently. i figured this is a good place to get info. i am not sure how much clothes to take, what the dorm situation looks like. the packet i got says 2 uniform and 1 set of shorts and a sweatsuit. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I was there 14 years ago for basic, I just took what they told me and had extra clothes in my bag. Our dorm room had a closet and there were 3 of us in the room. Nothing fancy

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    It's been 12 years for me and I also went to the basic academy (which I guess is called Tier I now) but I took 5 sets of uniforms (that way I didn't have to iron during the week) and 5 sets of PT clothes (again so I could change out every day, plus I did a lot of running during the evening hours). As far as the room goes it sleeps 3 to a room, so there are three beds and 2 wall lockers plus 1 free standing locker. Best advice I can give you is the wall lockers are larger and have more storage space so when you first enter the room go to pick out a wall locker first and don't worry about the beds (the beds are the same) that way you'll have more storage space.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Take at least 3 sets of khakis, but 5 if you can. You'll be glad. There's enough closet room for the extras.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nothing has changed up there for the most part. However, in my time, there was no need to have 5 sets of khakis. There were several times that two was enough for the week. Just a quick touch up with the iron each night if you starched them on the weekends. You also only really need one set of the PT blues. It would be nice to have two sets at times, but for the most part PT is just two times a week.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    homer-doh.png

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Not sure how they run Tier 2 compared to the Basic course. The dorms are set up for three people, two have nice big closets and one gets stuck with a little armoire thing. You can fit plenty of stuff in though so it doesn't hurt to take extra clothes. Just remember that you will be there for 4 days and there are no laundry facilities aside from a little room off the gym with some ironing boards and malfunctioning irons. Basic course does PT two times per week, so we all bought extra gym clothes after the first couple weeks of wearing nasty clothes again on Thursday. Meals aren't that good, but you get to go out for dinner at least. Cut the Dickies tags off your pants, and make sure to scrutinize your room when you leave. The Basic course rooms gets inspected almost daily and a spot on the mirror, toilet seat up, a chair pulled out, untucked bed corner, etc. will get the room torn apart which is a bit of an annoyance. It's all pretty easy stuff, just monotonous.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    My Basic class was 89-98. When I go back to teach EVO the building looks the same other that the half they built on after my class. The Town Marshall's class was 4 1 week long classes when I went through my full basic class of 12 weeks back then.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    94-118 here.... Had awesome roommates! Never used the garbage can and always (all three of us) used towels to wipe down shower, every shower, etc. I believe all three of us suffered from OCD. Going in, I expected a reenactment of my past at MCRD in San Diego! I was squared away... After the first day of being yelled at and marched around... Started to relax a bit. I had three sets of dickies and took five days of PT gear (overachiever). I enjoyed my stay with the exception of the gooey gravy & biscuits.

PS: Thinking position! :)

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    98-133. Me and my roommates all shared jobs. One would wipe shower, one vacuum and one dust. Can't forget room inspections they were fun. Glad we never got dinged. But I did see a few fly death investigations and room tornados.

Top Bottom