• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Curious as to what the process I should go thru is if I want to sell my G19m to a IL resident I’m a IN resident with bill of sale from previous owner , say a buyer has their CCL what else would I need to see or is there any paper work ? Thanks new to exercising my second amendment ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    All sales of handguns across state lines MUST go through an FFL. That means an Indiana FFL must ship to the buyers Illinois FFL. No exceptions.

Not quite. It must be presented to an Illinois FFL. However, an Indiana FFL is not required. (Check first with the Illinois FFL chosen, as they don't all accept transfers from private individuals, although it is perfectly legal.)

I've done this before. In intrastate transfer, only the "receiving" state FFL is required.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    With the current administration working to shut down FFL dealers, most dealers will not accept a transfer of a handgun across state lines unless it comes from an FFL.
    It entirely depends on the FFL. While some won't accept transfers from private individuals, a great many FFLs will do so without any problem. It's perfectly legal and perfectly normal. I usually have used "home-based" FFLs who run it as a side business out of their homes and usually they have no problems with receiving a firearm from an individual, charge a very small amount, and are great to deal with.

There is, however, currently a problem with shipping the handgun as an individual. But this is due to changes in corporate policies and not changes in the law.

Top Bottom