• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Found a genuine USGI 30 round M1 Carbine mag, Hardback too. Don't see them often. $25 bucks.

Otherwise got to booger about and eyeball guns.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    They are very proud of their guns.
    Did anyone see any FEG hi powers? I seen several of the slide mounted safety models.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went, good way to spend afew hrs. 1lb of Titegroup $20 and a wool cleaning rag $7

Aha! So YOU'RE the one that bought it!
    Fist-Pump-Kid_f_improf_275x275.png

I walked past it and almost grabbed it, but didn't. Came back by about 10 minutes later and it was gone. :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not a bad way to spend an hour or so. Most of the prices were laughably high, but there was the occasional deal. Buddy I went with ended up with a few boxes of primers for a good price.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Went as well. Nice to see some old friends. Only bought a couple of small things as nothing big really caught my eye. Not a bad way to get away for awhile.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    They girls went to craft fair in Beech Grove today so I told my 6 year old son I would take him to a "guy craft fair." I walked out with a case for my 77/22 and a flashlight. It was a good show to take him for the first time. I agree with above about the crazy prices. I saw a G42 for $499.00. I thought that was a tad high. -Jason

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Are Brad and Knife Lady at this show? If so I might just stop by.

Sorry...I'm at the Ft. Wayne show this weekend. I would love to do this show, but the promoter will not allow me to do it unless I agree to do all of the shows there. I can't do that because of agreements I have with other promoters

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sorry...I'm at the Ft. Wayne show this weekend. I would love to do this show, but the promoter will not allow me to do it unless I agree to do all of the shows there. I can't do that because of agreements I have with other promoters

Thanks, I will probably catch up to you guys at the next 1500. Have a good Christmas.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Is that only going forward? I saw a couple of new large vendors there and a couple of regulars missing.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Is that only going forward? I saw a couple of new large vendors there and a couple of regulars missing.

I don't know what the promoter's current policy is. All I can tell you is, a few years ago when he (Tom - Tristate promotions) started (took over) the Holt road show, I did a several of them. Then I missed one because I had a commitment with another show that fell on the same dates. When I tried to book tables for the next show at Holt road, the promoter told me I had to commit to all of shows at Holt road if I wanted tables. I have never tried to get back into that show since.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know what the promoter's current policy is. All I can tell you is, a few years ago when he (Tom - Tristate promotions) started (took over) the Holt road show, I did a several of them. Then I missed one because I had a commitment with another show that fell on the same dates. When I tried to book tables for the next show at Holt road, the promoter told me I had to commit to all of shows at Holt road if I wanted tables. I have never tried to get back into that show since.

That seems weird to me. Aren't most of these smaller shows open to anyone that wants to rent a table? (Rhetorical question I guess, since that appears not to be the case with Tri-State). That just seems like a poor way to run a show. I would think you'd want as many vendors (private sellers or businesses) as possible to increase the draw. :dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    That seems weird to me. Aren't most of these smaller shows open to anyone that wants to rent a table? (Rhetorical question I guess, since that appears not to be the case with Tri-State). That just seems like a poor way to run a show. I would think you'd want as many vendors (private sellers or businesses) as possible to increase the draw. :dunno:

I agree 100%, but I have learned over the last seven years that ALL promoters can be finicky, and there are unwritten rules that you don't know about until they affect you, and not all rules apply to all of the vendors. It is their show, and they can run it however they see fit, so you play by their (promoter's) rules or you don't do their shows. Between Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky on any given weekend, you have 3 to 5 shows (probably more) you can pick from, so it is not a big deal if I don't do the Holt road show. With the Indy 1500 basically in the same area, I can cover this area with that show. :twocents:

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Promoters are counting on you to cover the tables you have committed to rent. When someone cancels or does not show it's no different than calling in sick to work. When it happens it's a mad dash to find somebody to cover those tables. Nobody wants empty tables at a show. All of Tri State shows have a waiting list for table rent. Most of the time you have to start off with one table and move around to get more as they open up. If someone retires or quits doing shows them those tables will come available. It took two years for me to get into seymour show with only one table. Once your in the door if they become availbe you can move up. The best way to get a table at any show is to call the week of and let them know. If someone cancels they will let you set up. I have driven to shows with my truck loaded and rented tables the day of the show before.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Promoters are counting on you to cover the tables you have committed to rent. When someone cancels or does not show it's no different than calling in sick to work. When it happens it's a mad dash to find somebody to cover those tables. Nobody wants empty tables at a show. All of Tri State shows have a waiting list for table rent. Most of the time you have to start off with one table and move around to get more as they open up. If someone retires or quits doing shows them those tables will come available. It took two years for me to get into seymour show with only one table. Once your in the door if they become availbe you can move up. The best way to get a table at any show is to call the week of and let them know. If someone cancels they will let you set up. I have driven to shows with my truck loaded and rented tables the day of the show before.

I agree when a vendor has committed to being at a show and then cancels out, it is not a good thing for the promoter, as the promoter has to find someone to take those tables.
    This is not what happened to me. I didn't commit to tables for the next show, knowing I already had committed to another show that was scheduled the same weekend. It was when I tried to get tables for the following show is when I was told in order to get tables I would have to commit to all of the shows at that venue.

Top Bottom