• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I hope that I'm not the only one who has ever wondered about this. When I am dry firing, or practicing malfunctions at home sometimes I like to use my full size M&P with dummy rounds. Since it is a polymer pistol with a double stack mag it feels front heavy even with the mag filled to capacity with dummies. So are there any dummy round that duplicate the weight of the real thing?

I'm guessing that most people would say just get over it, but surely this has bothered someone else (I hope.)

I have considered just putting some weight in a dedicated mag, but I hate to give up a mag just for this.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    You say that it feels muzzle heavy even with a magazine full of dummy rounds. What happens when you have a full magazine of live rounds and you fire them all? Does the pistol start to feel muzzle heavy at some point halfway through the live rounds?

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    You say that it feels muzzle heavy even with a magazine full of dummy rounds. What happens when you have a full magazine of live rounds and you fire them all? Does the pistol start to feel muzzle heavy at some point halfway through the live rounds?

Well I can't argue that.. I guess that by the time I'm half way through a mag my attention becomes more focused on other things and I just don't notice it as much.
    rbv called it right I was over thinking it.

Thanks for the reality check. I'm gonna go find something else to obsess about for a while.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Any friends who reload? Have them make you some rounds w/o primer or powder. That said, you're overthinking it.

This is an option. If you don't know anyone, you could do it yourself with an inexpensive hand press.

And, depending on what you're training objectives are, there are weighted training mags available. Google will find them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There are weighted magazines dedicated to practice drawing, dry firing, etc...but they're not loadable, just a solid piece. Not sure how many guns they are offered for or who has them but I have seen them out there. Google it.

As for weighted dummy rounds - I haven't seen any to be sold but when I needed a bunch for a cowboy event years ago, I asked a reloader friend that just used sand and spent primers to make some for me. :):

Top Bottom