• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I've had one of my Dan Wesson 15-2 revolvers for over thirty years now. I long ago lost count of how many rounds it's seen, but it's surely well into the five-figures somewhere by now. Still the most consistently accurate .357 revolver I've ever owned, and there've been a goodly number of other various makes and models that've passed through my hands over the years.

As a practical matter, IMHO one of the S&W models previously mentioned would likely be your best bet today. Parts, service and accessories are readily available everywhere and reasonably priced.

The Colt DA revolvers, especially the Pythons were, and are, beautifully made and finished, but new replacement parts are virtually non-exisitant and even used parts are very hard to come by. Competent service and repair, even more so. Should anything break or wear out with use (and that's a distinct possibility with any machine) it might well turn out to be "final". Your money and your call, but IMHO it'd be a real bummer of a position to find one's self in.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I think Python parts availability to be pretty decent, the pricing a bit silly though.
    Recently went through a few sites, talked to a couple of collectors (they squirrel a lot of stuff).

Have no worries about shooting mine.

If it breaks I'll fix it. Might cost 3X what it normally should. Oh well.

Top Bottom