Input wanted: What is the best campsite in Brown County State Park?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnePunch

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2023
    Columbus
    Yes, you can see a picture of the campsite from the reservation page. Bring up the map and the sites that are still blue are available. Click on one of those blue icons and you’ll get to the campsite page. Near the bottom, there are usually a photo or two.

We typically choose campsites, on an outside loop, and near the end of the road, so we don’t have to endure a lot of through traffic coming in and out. We like full shade so choose sites with the most trees, and I prefer sites that are on a hillside that drops off.

We avoid sites that are too close to pit restrooms, and that are no more than a five minute walk to the showers.

We frequent Taylor Ridge.

We are still bumming out about the loss of McCormicks creek. We like that campsite because it’s only five minutes in and out whereas BCSP is a 20 minute drive each way in and out if we need to go into town for something, usually firewood, since you can find better deals outside of the park.
    Awesome, thanks guys! I’ll be sure to do that.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Haven't camped there in many years, but I certainly prefer the sites that sit back a ways from the road.
    Being such a popular park, you may want to reserve in advance so you don't end up with the next to the road sites.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    At this time of year the best camp site in brown county state park is room 214 at the Abe Martin lodge east wing second floor deluxe queen with patio access.

it is a very neat old lodge built in the depression and we can all hit the pool and wear those kids down.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    Is it just me, or have you noticed the smell of weed has changed post-covid?

I used to think weed smelled like burning leaves in the fall. I dont partake, but used to hang out with fellow skydivers who did. (I'd just pass it to the next guy. Not my thing.)

After losing my sense of smell due to covid, it now smells more like dead skunk to me.

/hijack
    a skydiver? I knew some once, did a tandem once

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Hardin Ridge campground is another good campground with nice bathroom/shower facilities. There’s also a decent beach nearby. It’s a little southeast of Brown County park.

OnePunch

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2023
    Columbus
    At this time of year the best camp site in brown county state park is room 214 at the Abe Martin lodge east wing second floor deluxe queen with patio access.

it is a very neat old lodge built in the depression and we can all hit the pool and wear those kids down.
    Haha that sounds good too!

Top Bottom