• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I have been tossing around the idea of getting into something class III but dont know where to start. I would really love to get something full auto but the money end of it would take awhile so thats out for now but what about a supressor? I know the barrel has to be threaded but what all can you put a can on? I have a few options that I could try but what do you suggest? An AR, a P22, or buy a gun already setup? Any suggestions would be helpful, and also is there any particular brand suppressor you would suggest?
    Thanks

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Just save up and start FA. Your going to want to go there eventully, and after that first can or SBR is in your hands you will go "this is fun BUT..."

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I tend to disagree with revsaxon. I suggest starting with a suppressor. They are economical, fun and cheap to maintain. I always suggest starting into the suppressor world with either a .22 or 9mm can because they get the sound down to about as good as it gets.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    From what I have found online and from people that own 223 cans is that they are somewhat disappointed in the performance due to the rounds not being subsonic. Now, if you can easily get a hold of subsonic, or reload them that way, then there are some good 223 cans out there. I personally am looking into a 45acp can with a 9mm piston to swap out and use on multiple guns/calibers. 22 cans are awesome to have if you shoot your 22 a lot! So I would go with a 22 can, since you already have a p22. But if you choose a pistol caliber can in 9mm, 40s&w, or 45acp, I would go with AAC or Silencerco. I know Sigs are very good platforms for silencers. I am looking forward for my HK USP45 Tactical to meet the Silencerco Osprey, hopefully within a year from now.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Silencerco and AAC both make great cans but don't discount other manufacturers. The problem currently plaguing both Silencerco and AAC is availability.

=JWASI know Sigs are very good platforms for silencers.
    Don't worry about which platforms suppress best. My advice is to suppress what ya got. Get a threaded drop-in barrel for your current gun and go to town! Sig/Glock/Smith/flavorofthemonth don't make any better or worse suppressor hosts than the next gun, just be advised that if your gun has a barrel that tilts upon unlocking, then you will need to choose a suppressor with a Neilsen Device

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    If you really want to start with a can, thompson machine or huntertown arms is a great way to go. They are cheap in price, but amazingly good in quietness and quality.

Top Bottom