• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I own a Glock 26. I've been low with the placement on this gun since I bought it (meaning, everything I aim at I hit lower than I aim at with this gun). I worked hard on trigger pull, aim and control, etc. I honestly thought it was me. Then, I bought a couple boxes of Spear Lawman 115 gr. to run through it. One box later, and my aim is obviously not the issue, as I am significantly spot on with this gun from 30 and 40 yards out. Closer was not an issue, but the distance was where the aforementioned issues showed.:dunno:

Anyhow, I then dug out some CCI Blazers 115 gr. to try with the gun, and while nearly as good as the above with aim, didn't have the "spring" that the above did. However, they are BOTH definitely better than the white box 115 gr. Federal FMJ I had been using in terms of zip, accuracy and feeling of velocity.:yesway:

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am ready to shoot up the Federal, and buy the Lawman and the Blazers exclusively from now on. Thoughts?

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Does not surprise me that the gun shoots low. 30 - 40 yards with a sub compact is quite a distance. (My glocks are in .40) But yes I have noticed the lighter 165 grain loadings and weaker 180 grain loadings shoot lower out of my guns.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Thank you all! I was wondering if it was just another "me" phenomenon, and the ammunition was the culprit, so I thought I'd ask if others had similar issues. Interestingly, I also had two Makarovs out there with me, and I was far more accurate with their 95 gr. bullets before yesterday. And, I bought some Lawman for the .380 Mak, and it was scary accurate. The 9x18 Mak seems to eat and be accurate with anything; even the Chinese Norinco stuff I used up last night (that I bought in 1994) was on with it. That stuff occasionally has a round that has a little (or lot) more zing. Wish they made the Lawman in the 9x18 caliber. Thanks all!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    As others have said some ammo works better in some guns. I reload my own and will try to tailor the majority of my rounds for the gun I'll be shooting it the most out of. I ended up making my .45 ACP rounds a touch hotter for shooting in my M&P45 than I did when I was loading for my Glock 21. Search around a bit and you'll eventually find that 'right' ammo. Of course switching to something with a longer barrel may end up yielding different results with the ammo than ran wonderfully in your G26.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    "I own a Glock 26. I've been low with the placement on this gun since I bought it (meaning, everything I aim at I hit lower than I aim at with this gun). I worked hard on trigger pull, aim and control, etc. I honestly thought it was me. Then, I bought a couple boxes of Spear Lawman 115 gr. to run through it. One box later, and my aim is obviously not the issue, as I am significantly spot on with this gun from 30 and 40 yards out. Closer was not an issue, but the distance was where the aforementioned issues showed.:dunno:"

WOW....with my G26 , I'm lucky to hit the target at 30 to 40 FEET.:dunno:

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    "I own a Glock 26. I've been low with the placement on this gun since I bought it (meaning, everything I aim at I hit lower than I aim at with this gun). I worked hard on trigger pull, aim and control, etc. I honestly thought it was me. Then, I bought a couple boxes of Spear Lawman 115 gr. to run through it. One box later, and my aim is obviously not the issue, as I am significantly spot on with this gun from 30 and 40 yards out. Closer was not an issue, but the distance was where the aforementioned issues showed.:dunno:"

WOW....with my G26 , I'm lucky to hit the target at 30 to 40 FEET.:dunno:
    I used to shoot in competitions with my brother when we were younger, then got away from shooting at all for a number of years when I was flying a great deal and didn't have time to keep my shooting chops up. I admit that even now, I am very disappointed in that I don't constantly hit dead on, but I've just gotten back into the fun after many years off, so it is getting better. We shot Ruger long-barreled target pistols back then.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That little G26 is capable of good accuracy at your shooting distances! Glad you found some ammo that works well also. I would guess that Federal and WWB are always going to be a big softer than comparable rounds. Doesn't stop me from plinking with them but they are mass produced for big chains so there's a lot of volume. I shoot a lot of PMC and it does pretty good! Dirty but what isn't anymore.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom