• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Thanks to all who came out today and participated. Thanks for being safe.

The celebrity visits from Jason and Jackson were also appreciated.

There were celebrities and I missed it? :dunno:

It looked like a good group of shooters. I hope you all got something out of the class. There are some important shooting concepts presented in Coach's intermediate Pistol that you wont find in many (most?) "Defensive Pistol" classses, even from big-name instructors and schools. At least not as part of the curriculum. Most classes stop the marksmanship concepts after the 4 basic fundamentals (or if its an NRA class they throw in some unnecessary technique notes about NPOA, breath control, and stance which may be importand for the most precise bullseye shooting, but have little to offer in the fast and closerish world of practical pistol whether defensive or competitive.)

Coach brings you to the next step when he presents topics like calling shots and snapping the eyes. A huge amount of the visual information necessary for fast pistol shooting comes from the front sight. The concepts he he brings up in this class show you how.

For those of you who attended I have a general observation:
    When your relay is not on the line shooting you should be up near the line watching other shooters, listening to instructions and coaching, and trying to soak up extra info. There were a lot of folks kicking back in the shade between strings. Those people missed half of the available instruction.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I just wanted to say thanks. Very informative class especially for someone like myself that is just a recreational shooter. But I want to do more. This was a great glimpse into the areas I need to work on.
    Out of everything covered I am settling on 3 items to practice and improve on before worrying about everything you covered.
    Great class, lot of fun a lot of trigger time and good practice.
    Thank you

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I really enjoyed the class. I already knew what some of my weaknesses were but I got to see why and what to do about them. Well worth the time!
    I must've missed the celebrities; no paparazzi, no autographs...amateur celebs?

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Good class. Good group of fellow students. I enjoyed talking to everyone I got a chance to talk to. 18 years in law enforcement but i know absolutely nothing about competition shooting so it was really interesting talking to those who do it.

And thanks to Coach for his time and energy he put into us!

:yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good class. Good group of fellow students. I enjoyed talking to everyone I got a chance to talk to. 18 years in law enforcement but i know absolutely nothing about competition shooting so it was really interesting talking to those who do it.

It's good to get a glimpse of where almost all of the shooting techniques that are currently taught were developed. The cool thing is, most of it is independent of the application. Just being exposed to the concept that shooting is driven by and limited by your vision is worth the price of admission. Learning to call your shots is the most advanced form of what is more broadly called "follow through." Understanding that is your first step on learning that speed and accuracy are not mutually exclusive, but instead are complementary. You'll start to understand that you shouldn't "slow down," to make shot, but instead you need to learn to be patient enough to wait until you acquire enough visual information to make any given shot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom