• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Now there is some constructive criticism. Yes a higher bore axis is less desirable for the. 40 cartridge. But I am anxious to see what the heavier weight does for recoil. Like I mentioned I have started accumulating a few handguns based on action so that I can let new shooters try different guns. Just so happens I have settled on .40.

Is the. 357 sig a softer shooting round? I have always been intrigued by it.

I will say the grip of this gun is a little large for me, but I actually like the trigger.

My brothers Sig in .357 is rather "snappy". Its a mean round

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Nice weapon! My experience with .357sig was a few years back when I had a G31. I found it to recoil more than the .40 in my G22, and the noise level seems quite higher as well.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    can't say that I noticed more recoil in a .357 sig v. a .40, but with the lower weight of projectile, you can get less recoil in almost all cases. I haven't had the chance to shoot a 226 in .40 and .357 sig side by side.

if you do find that the recoils more than you enjoy, a streamlight or surefire weapons light such as the x200or tlr-1 is a great way to add weight to the handgun in a functional way.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Also trying to stick with loads in 135-165 gain range. Velocity is much more relevant to effectiveness than bullet weight. ( obviously there are extremes where it is not so) the best shooing .40 I have had my hands on was a glock 35.

What I noticed while playing around was the the 135 tended to give the least amount of recoil and muzzle jump, while the 180's only seemed to shine when going through things. sectional density has its advantageous i guess, but seldom is over penetration a desirable quality.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Wow $50 for a mag?? Not true. You guys are very misinformed. 13rd and 15rd mags can be had all day long for under $30. They are made by MecGar who makes the factory mags for Sig anyway. I had a Sig 226 in .40 and got rid of it. It was an OK shooter, but just too big and bulky for what it was. The only way to go is an older German made 226. No comparison in terms of the quality.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Beautiful! I just picked up a P220 over the weekend with the trigger job from SIG. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom