• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Well the last couple weeks I've been busy. I've picked up 3 new to me guns. 2 ar's and a s&w mp9c. One ar was a palmetto state armory in .223 and the other is a rock river in .458 socom from a fellow ingoer. The smith came from Four guns in Lafayette. It was an impulse buy. So now I have some shooting to do. I had my "retail therapy" as women call it. Now I need to go have me some mind clearing therapy. Just thought I'd share. Looking for optics ideas for the palmetto.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I shot a .458 socom for the first time a couple weeks ago. My rifle experience has been either shooting bigger rounds from ww2 style rifles OR 5.56 from an ar. It took my brain a couple rounds to expect the big round kick from the ar! So is this going to be your yote gun?

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I shot a .458 socom for the first time a couple weeks ago. My rifle experience has been either shooting bigger rounds from ww2 style rifles OR 5.56 from an ar. It took my brain a couple rounds to expect the big round kick from the ar! So is this going to be your yote gun?

No this is going to be my deer gun. I've got a savage in .243 with accutrigger and accustock for yotes. I'm expecting a kick from the .458. Just wanted something different from my mossberg 500 I've had for 20 years. Man that sounds like a long time!

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    what do you intend to do with the pa? is it cqb, med range, long range?

It's probably going to be a fun plinking gun probably no more then 200 yards. Looking to dres this one up a little.

The vortex on the .458 looks good. Just have to get time to get out and sight it in and the .243.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It's probably going to be a fun plinking gun probably no more then 200 yards. Looking to dres this one up a little.

The vortex on the .458 looks good. Just have to get time to get out and sight it in and the .243.

are you thinking red dot? or magnified.

let us all know what you think of the vortex when you get it out

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Thinking red dot with a magnifier that can flp down out of the way. My astigmatism gets me after about 75 yards.

you can do a strikefire/sparc with a vx3 magnifier and swing mount for about 500. swing mount magnifier are a expensive feature personally i prefer a 1-4 for the same price. put it on 1x turn the illumination on and its basically a red dot, shooting with both eyes open as long as its a true 1x it wont slow you down at all.

then crank it to 4x and shoot man size targets at 700+yards, or groups at 100-200

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    you can do a strikefire/sparc with a vx3 magnifier and swing mount for about 500. swing mount magnifier are a expensive feature personally i prefer a 1-4 for the same price. put it on 1x turn the illumination on and its basically a red dot, shooting with both eyes open as long as its a true 1x it wont slow you down at all.

then crank it to 4x and shoot man size targets at 700+yards, or groups at 100-200

Alan pm me some info on the 1-4 you're talking about. Thanks.

Top Bottom