• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I was in Guns and ordinance in Hall yesterday. They had 3 Iver Johnson 1911 and Officer, Commander and full size.

Nice looking guns, priced at entry level prices. Has anybody handled these?
    I had not heard of them before.

bigsteve

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I don't know about the 1911 but iver Johnson has been around for a long time. I have a iver Johnson target model 1900 .22 revolver it was dated in late 30's. It's a very cheap gun but shoots cheap ammo so it's a win win situation.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    they were not new were they? I though iver went out of bidness a LOOONG time ago. at least i have not seen anything even looking somewhat new coming through either of the FFL's i work for.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    they were not new were they? I though iver went out of bidness a LOOONG time ago. at least i have not seen anything even looking somewhat new coming through either of the FFL's i work for.

Yes these were brand new. Apparently after doing some research they started producing these in January of this year

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Probably just some outfit which bought the Iver Johnson name. I doubt that it is a true descendant of the old company.

"As a result of changes in ownership, the company had the first of two major relocations in 1971 when it moved to New Jersey. It moved again to Jacksonville, Arkansas, and was jointly owned by Lynn Lloyd and Lou Imperato, who also owned the Henry brand name, before it finally ceased trading under its own name in 1993, at which time it was owned by American Military Arms Corp (AMAC)."

That's from Wikipedia. I think you're right, it seems like it went through a lot of different hats.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Based soley on looks alone, which is how I base all my buys. I would buy one

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    "As a result of changes in ownership, the company had the first of two major relocations in 1971 when it moved to New Jersey. It moved again to Jacksonville, Arkansas, and was jointly owned by Lynn Lloyd and Lou Imperato, who also owned the Henry brand name, before it finally ceased trading under its own name in 1993, at which time it was owned by American Military Arms Corp (AMAC)."

That's from Wikipedia. I think you're right, it seems like it went through a lot of different hats.

Correct, just the name being sold with no real connection to the old company.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    Down Range Dynamics in Portage had a couple of these last week when I was in. I fondled one, it seemed solid but I couldn't attest to the quality other than what I felt, sorry that's all I got.

Top Bottom