JP Silent Capture Spring opinions (AR15)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Entertaining the idea of trying one out on the carbine im putting together. Would I be better served using a light weight BCG also if I go the capture spring route? Anybody using this or have any first hand experience with it? Are there any negatives to this system besides the price?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Sorry, didn't see this post a few days ago. I have one and love it. It smooths out the action quite a bit and is a lot more configurable for your gun. That being said, I use it in my competition rifle, not a home defense or LE.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    Sorry, didn't see this post a few days ago. I have one and love it. It smooths out the action quite a bit and is a lot more configurable for your gun. That being said, I use it in my competition rifle, not a home defense or LE.

same here. much less noise on your cheek/head compared to standard. also have the enhanced polished stainless BCG/bolt, and adj gas block. very, very little recoil. highly recommend all jp products. i have it in a longer distance shooting ar.

jjacobs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indy S./Bloomington
    I have one on my JP and absolutely love it. I am not sure that I can justify the price unless you absolutely have to have one. Mine is set up rifle length with a PRS stock so there is a long travel between shots... with that being said I definately can tell a difference and like everything else I have from JP, I am extremely pleased.

Top Bottom