Not open for further replies.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but in the current political climate, I'd buy .300 win mag ammo anytime I saw it at anywhere close to a reasonable price, and save my milsurp money for when things calm down a little.

But welcome!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Welcome! Historical collecting (or accumulating) can be a lot of fun. You get something with a tie to bits of interesting history you enjoy...and it shoots too!

:draw:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Greenfield
    Howdy. I'd suggest the ubiquitous 10/22. It was my second also, and I still enjoy plinking. I shoot more 22lr than anything.
    I’ve been looking at getting a .22 my dad has a Henry lever action that’s really nice, and my brother has a the heritage rough rider revolver and I think it’s neat. I’m trying to decide which route to take. Probably a cheap .22 rifle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Greenfield
    Welcome! Historical collecting (or accumulating) can be a lot of fun. You get something with a tie to bits of interesting history you enjoy...and it shoots too!

:draw:
    Yeah I’m interested in buying the nagant m1895 revolver on here, but I don’t have my 50 posts so I can’t pm the guy selling it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Greenfield
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but in the current political climate, I'd buy .300 win mag ammo anytime I saw it at anywhere close to a reasonable price, and save my milsurp money for when things calm down a little.

But welcome!
    I’ve become very accustomed to high prices and scarcity of ammo as it’s already happened several times in my life. When I bought the rifle I got 100 rounds to go with it and I thought that under a buck a bullet was a good price, but I’d like to here your opinion on a good price as I haven’t done much research on what a good price for that ammo is. Those 100 rounds out to last me awhile as it’s pretty much exclusively a hunting rifle, and I also don’t have anywhere to shoot nearby. It took three bullets to sight it in out of the box so I was pretty happy with that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Greenfield
    Welcome. It gets addicting. Get your 50 quality posts or become a Site Supporter and you'll find all kinds of guns in the classifieds.

Glad to see a young person get involved responsibly.
    There’s a quote I found out there that sums this up pretty well. “Get your kids addicted to shooting and they won’t have money for drugs.” I also have a few more expensive hobbies, cars, computers, and projects like woodworking and hopefully welding soon. I’m basically a textbook redneck that lives in the city.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Don't sweat it. Just search the forum for topics of interest and ask questions/offer opinions/help others. You'll get there soon enough at this rate and if that deal isn't still available, there will be others in the future. The classifieds are a perk for participating members, so just keep chatting. 50 is the magic number to get in.

As for the .22, there are a lot of options, including some fine old rifles/pistols. .22 is my favorite caliber as you can get a lot of range time in for much lower cost and the round won't beat you up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom