• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I just bought a lightly used cw9 from my LGS. I must say I am impressed so far. I shot 100 rds with no drama whatsoever. Easy to control.
    I really like how thin it is. Is is going to carry very comfortably once my crossbreed mini-tuck gets here.

Last edited:

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    Just talked about this very gun this morning with a couple of guys at church, one was carrying it and the other was carrying a different model Kahr (PM 9 maybe?). Point is I think I'm in the market for one. Just got a XD .40 sc for carry and they we're both convinced that I'll tire of the bulkiness of it for IWB carry. Who knows?

Thanks for the post, I'll use it as further motivation!

cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    That was my issue too. I wanted something light and slim or I knew I would and up leaving it at home. I am starting to carry IWB and have found that small weight and demensions differences end up being huge.

jajwrigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I just bought a lightly used cw9 from my LGS. I must say I am impressed so far. I shot 100 rds with no drama whatsoever. Easy to control.
    I really like how thin it is. Is is going to carry very comfortably once my crossbreed mini-tuck gets here.

I got the same gun a week or two ago and just shot it today for the first time and it looks like a keeper. I also ordered a crossbreed mini-tuck about a week ago...I think we are on to something here. :rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have the G19 but I still think its kinda big to carry! What do you think the best carry gun is?

The G19 is a perfect size carry gun, with the right belt and holster. If you are looking for something smaller, you will need to test a few guns. I've tried a couple and this is what I've found:

Diamondback 9 (DB9) - Wanted a gun I could carry in my pocket and this was the perfect size. The grip was very narrow and I chose to try something else.

Kahr CW9 - The grip was perfect and the slide locked back after expending the last round. However, it was a bit too large for me to carry in my pocked and needed a holster.

I will be trying a few others, but it looks like I may be going back to the DB9, since it fits my need the best.

cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I have a G19 as well. I think it carries well too. I totally trust my glock.
    I am thinking the cw9 will fill the need when I need something just a bit more concealable. Just a little smaller. We'll see.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I always carry my G26. But my wife's hands are smaller, she cannot grip a glock. Her trigger finger doesn't reach any glock trigger. I believe we will be buying a cw9 or cm9 in the next few month or so.

Top Bottom