• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Depends on the Colt. I had the opportunity to fire an acquaintances New Agent and the gun is definitely a shooter. Went bang every time I pulled the trigger and the action was nice and smooth. The trench style sights are not good for much in my opinion. They make drawing from a holster easy and snag free. But you give up a significant amount of aiming ability. The gun would be fine for Close quarters say within 7 yards but much further than that good luck hitting anything.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If you want one Buy It! Like Rhino said the Sights are not the best, but it's not a Target Pistol. I've never been disapointed with anything that said Colt on it.
    It would be used for Edc and for practice at self defense distances. So I am trying to come up with a reason to not just go for it.

EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    In my opinion the answer should be based off of the gun you actually handle. While I was working for a gun store, we saw some pretty horrifying things come in that were "factory new". On an older Colt I have no doubt it would be a great gun for carrying on a daily basis. Having the right holster will work wonders for you. And again, in my opinion, there are other 1911's that can contend with the Colt that are more cost effective. I think you would be surprised with the quality of the Ruger 1911's, although they only have a commander and government size. Para also has some nice 1911's in the size line up you're looking at. With Remington now owning Para, I would recommend buying the actual gun you look at and not what the salesman goes in the back and grabs.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    In my opinion the answer should be based off of the gun you actually handle. While I was working for a gun store, we saw some pretty horrifying things come in that were "factory new". On an older Colt I have no doubt it would be a great gun for carrying on a daily basis. Having the right holster will work wonders for you. And again, in my opinion, there are other 1911's that can contend with the Colt that are more cost effective. I think you would be surprised with the quality of the Ruger 1911's, although they only have a commander and government size. Para also has some nice 1911's in the size line up you're looking at. With Remington now owning Para, I would recommend buying the actual gun you look at and not what the salesman goes in the back and grabs.
    I have two Ruger 1911's. Well actually one I bought one the original Government size SR 1911 for my son a few years ago he was 6 at the time. Its well oiled and residing in the safe for when he is old enough. Then Ruger Vandalized my inbox with a picture of the new Lightweight CMD. Then I had to go out and order one. After changing out the thin grips it came with a touch of green paint on the sights its my favorite 1911. Recoil is no where near what I expected its a natural pointer accurate as all get out and really fun to shoot.I also have a 60's era Belgium made high power waiting for him as well. My goal is to have lots of father son time shooting tin cans and paper. And to start him out with a nice collection of guns that wont be available when he older.That's why I was wondering if a Colt 1911 would be worth considering?Thanks

Top Bottom