• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I own a TLE SS Ultra Carry II and a Generation I Custom Stainless Kimber. I want to purchase two more, so to pass them on to each of my kids one day. At least, this is my justification. :D I think I am at the beginning stages of being a kimberholic.

I am looking at the SS Kimber Raptor II. I really like the serations on this gun. The raptor looks much different than the other models. Anyone else on the forum have one? I am thinking about adding a Ed Brown chain link style magwell housing. Anyone else do this?

Thanks,

Flick1900

boonedock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    DECATUR Co.
    Ya ya ya , put it off on "saving for the kids" I use that excuse all the time, but I thik the wife is catching on!!!! LOLOLOL!!! KIMBER ALL THE WAY! You deserve it!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I too am a Kimberholic.

Justification?...Well, if it were me trying to justify purchases to my wife (she too loves Kimber and really wants a Royal) I would possibly say any of the following, however, not knowing your wife, here are a few choices:

There's practical: "Look honey, God forbid, but we can always sell them quickly if anything happens. Guns hold their value better than most anything else out there."

There's self-actualization: "I work hard for what I have...WE work hard, and WE should treat ourselves because damnit WE can, WE've earned it.

There's sentimental: "Years from now, not much that we give the children will give them the same fond memories we have had as a family like a quality firearm. When our grand children are shooting these pistols with their children, we will be there with them, in spirit, if not in body."

There is magnanimous: "I want for my children not only the best I can give them, but the best there is (shut it Kimberphobes!). I shall grant my children the best, while forcing myself to do without, and suffering my role as keeper and maintainer of their future fortune.

Economic is a stretch, but: "Kimber provides jobs, and so do the gun stores from whom we purchase the pistols and ammo. Let's also not forget that we are saving ourselves the cost of buying them Ed Browns, or Les Baers, or Wilsons. It is actually the more prudent choice."

Now, I know one smart fellow on this site who collects a single brand, and as they all look more or less identical to all but the most discerning eye, he has himself fairly well insulated from the need for explanation. I myself, am not so lucky, so I must therefor be creative.

Hope this helps.

RandomCubed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My Dad just bought a Kimber Raptor II in stainless, the commander size. Love it! Only my second experience with a 1911, the other was his Remington R1 Centennial -- like night and day between those two.
    A Kimber will certainly be around to pass on to the kids.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Save the $$$. Buy a RIA, have it nickel plated. Same thing. Use the difference to buy some of that expensive .45 ammo to feed it.

:D

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    Ya ya ya , put it off on "saving for the kids" I use that excuse all the time, but I thik the wife is catching on!!!! LOLOLOL!!! KIMBER ALL THE WAY! You deserve it!

One issue with my line of justification: I have three kids - I want at least six Kimbers.

No way will we have more kids. Hum...give two kimbers per kid?
    :rockwoot:

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I too am a Kimberholic.

Justification?...Well, if it were me trying to justify purchases to my wife (she too loves Kimber and really wants a Royal) I would possibly say any of the following, however, not knowing your wife, here are a few choices:

There's practical: "Look honey, God forbid, but we can always sell them quickly if anything happens. Guns hold their value better than most anything else out there."

There's self-actualization: "I work hard for what I have...WE work hard, and WE should treat ourselves because damnit WE can, WE've earned it.

There's sentimental: "Years from now, not much that we give the children will give them the same fond memories we have had as a family like a quality firearm. When our grand children are shooting these pistols with their children, we will be there with them, in spirit, if not in body."

There is magnanimous: "I want for my children not only the best I can give them, but the best there is (shut it Kimberphobes!). I shall grant my children the best, while forcing myself to do without, and suffering my role as keeper and maintainer of their future fortune.

Economic is a stretch, but: "Kimber provides jobs, and so do the gun stores from whom we purchase the pistols and ammo. Let's also not forget that we are saving ourselves the cost of buying them Ed Browns, or Les Baers, or Wilsons. It is actually the more prudent choice."

Now, I know one smart fellow on this site who collects a single brand, and as they all look more or less identical to all but the most discerning eye, he has himself fairly well insulated from the need for explanation. I myself, am not so lucky, so I must therefor be creative.

Hope this helps.

LOL!!! :): I am going to carry this justification list in my wallet. Excellent!!

I really like the " self-actualization" part the most. Just getting the wife to accept the "WE" part. :cool:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Love that list of justifications.
    You need to tell the wife that you have to get 2 per kid, or what happens when a gun goes down, your poor child would be unarmed. Guns are machines, and they break on occasion. How would you be able to live with yourselves if you didnt do EVERYTHING that you could to make sure that they were properly armed.
    I have 2 Kimber TLE/RL II, They are great pistols, and they also have some nice SIS ones too, great pistols. Actually, I have not seen a bad Kimber yet. I am not just a Kimber lover though, I do have a Springfield Armory, and will be getting another to add to the collection. Good luck on adding to your collection.

Top Bottom