• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    My google fu is week but there is a mount that you can buy that simply replaces the rear sight leaf. No modification to the gun, and can be returned to original dress with no permanent modification. Not 100% what kind of results are usually achieved, but ive seen a good number of folks with em. But you would have to do some searching, my basic searches arnt finding what I was looking for.

Edit: hear it is. http://www.opticsplanet.net/printable-mako-group-weaver-scope-mount-for-mauser-98-rifles.html

Also a good tread I found about the subject with some good pictures. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=80537

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I saw those weaver mounts, but if they're like anything you put on the rear sight of a Mosin, I'm a little concerned. I took the rear sight off my Mosin and just got a 3/8 in dovetail. I also used locktite. The stuff is sticking like super glue. I have yet to take it to the range yet, but everyone else says that's the best way to do it to the Mosin. On the k98, you can't take the rear sight off. I wouldn't do that to the k98 anyway. I love it too much! Guess I'll have to try the weaver mount and see. I will also make sure I use the locktite on that reall well too!

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    You could just bring it to me, and I will take care of the problem, but removing the rifle from you.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It takes an experienced pro to drill and tap the 98 receiver for scope mounts.

I have used the AO scout cope mount on a couple of 98 Mausers and they are easy to install. Of course, you have to use a low powered scout scope with this mount.

Top Bottom