• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just returned home from firing the Kahr CM-9. Before going i found some tips on the Kahrtalk.com forum. I polished the feed ramp and chamber with some flitz. Then on their forum were specific directions of 9 lube points that need attention in this pistol. Then it was off to the range.

I'm happy to report that after 100 rds of fmj reloads and 20 rds of Hornady Critical Defense the gun performed 100%. I would also like to say that of the 5 different carry guns i've owned, this one is indeed the most accurate. I was expecting stout recoil for such a small gun but it was exactly the opposite. Very easy to control and the 2 1/2" group from 7 yards proved it.

I believe my search for the perfect defensive handgun (for me) has ended.

2c6ff27d.jpg

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Not being a fan of polymer-framed weapons,I do not have one of these newer weapons,but let me say that my favorite carry pistol is an old K40.In a solid leather belt holster the extra weight is not a problem.

stacks067

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    New Haven
    I had the chance to shoot a PM-9 and it was just as you described accurate and manageable. Glad to hear the CM-9 is just the same. Enjoy your new purchase.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I had a chance to take the Kahr CM-9 back to the range yesterday before the snow hit. This thing just continues to make me smile. Here's a target I took aim at from 7 yards before leaving for the day.

8cd9d366.jpg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You're very welcome S-S.

I shot that very same gun, put maybe 30 rounds through it. It functioned 100% as well as being accurate. I put a few drops of oil here and there, didn't follow any guide or anything, after my outing I gave it a good cleaning, and placed it in the classifieds.

Nothing wrong with the gun it just didn't blow my skirt up. The way I looked at it, on paper it had all the right stuff, small size, light weight, 6-7 rounds of 9mm, looked good (I'm a sucker for two-tone), and carried really nice, I should have been in love. As soon as I shot the first few rounds, I knew it wasn't meant to be. I relate it to dating a redhead, sure she's fun, but there has to be something more, and we just didn't have that.

It warms my heart to hear that you two are getting along so well, I hope that you two establish a bond that lasts a lifetime. And I mean that with sincerity instead of the sarcasm I used when I said that to my Ex's "new" boyfriend.

I still have yet to shoot my end of the trade, just busy with work and family stuff.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Dude, you didn't tell me this gun was a redhead! Guess i should have looked up it's skirt first! LOL... :D

All kidding aside I appreciate the great deal as i'm sure you'll be well impressed with that XD as well. I have several other Xd's and plan on keeping them. This Kahr was just something at the time i was looking for and am quite happy.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    +1 for SubCompact Kahr 9mm's! Glad you're happy with it; I know my PM9 was shooting similiar groups at same distance, and it was pretty impressive to me

Top Bottom