• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I have a Kahr K9. As far as i know it does not have the elite trigger. I am not wondering about the distance the trigger travels.

But is there a kit, or somewhere that can reduce the trigger pull in half. I have scoured the web relentlessly. I just want one sick trigger job and a 3.5 pound trigger pull.. HELP!

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The elite doesn't come close to 3.5 pounds. The only aftermarket part for Kahrs that I've seen used to lessen the trigger pull weight is a reduced power striker spring....though this may lead to light strikes depending on how light you go and what ammo you use.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If memory serves, the factory striker spring is 7#. I'm pretty sure the lowest you can go is 5# by purchasing through www.gunsprings.com

If the gun is new, just go shoot the hell out of it and the trigger will get better.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Its not new by any means. But only has about 1000-2000 round threw it. I was afraid the only thing I could do was the striker spring. :| Not sure that the #5 lb spring is the right way to go as. As a manufacture site did not recommend for self defense. I was hoping there was something else out there that i was unaware of. kahr talk only sent me to some gunsmith that never got back to me.

thanks for the advice and input!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    IMHO, the K9 is a defensive weapon and the trigger pull is as light as it shoud be. It's not a target pistol. You'll not find a double action trigger pull any smoother other than possibly the LDA trigger on Para Ordnance firearms.

Like Checkfoo said, you may end up with light primer strikes.

Top Bottom