• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    3 months planning and a lot of hype leading up to the Good Friday fishing trip only to be ruined by mother nature. We left Thursday evening and stayed the night at Moors Resort and Marina. Same place we rented the boat from. They have a small lodge and some cabins to rent. Reasonable rates on the lodge; not sure about the cabins (never compared cabin rentals before). Here's there link. They are located on the west side of Kentucky Lake by Draffenville. No complaints about this establishment. Everything you need is there including a gas dock.

Moors Resort and Marina on Kentucky Lake

The fishing on Good Friday was awful. I caught one dink largemouth on a crankbait half it's size, one buddy caught a slightly bigger largemouth and another caught a dink wiper. The other guy did have a nice 4-5 lb channel on near the beginning but it bent his hook and slipped off (it was caught on a minnow). Those were the only fish we seen all day. No crappie. From the reports we were getting after we finished for the day it was slow for everyone. You really had to work for the fish. We can say we tried. We threw everything at them to no avail. I think we were a week (possibly 2 days) late for the fishing. On Thursday a good storm went through the area and that was most likely the culprit in shutting down the fish. It was cool and very windy on the lake yesterday. We ended up leaving 2 hours early and heading home. These are the only pics I took; just some scenic ones around the area.

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My spring break down there was going the same way till I found some clear water over in barkley along a creek across from donaldson creek. The moors has never seemed to have produced that well unless we went down to kings creek and big bear.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    You just never know what the conditions will be like when your trip finally arrives. We usually stay on Jonathan Creek when we fish KY Lake. Ive had some great crappie and catfishing down there but never really hit the bass fishing right. Timing is everything. At least you guys got some good time on the water. Thats still hard to beat, fish or not.

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Like the old saying goes, A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work....

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm expecting some tough fishing in Canada next month as well. It's been unseasonably warm up there and there is very little if any ice left already. That means warmer water which means the lake trout will be deep and hard to get to. I'm just hoping the walleye lake isn't completely covered in weeds when we get up there. If I can't get into some walleye for the dinner table every day I'll be suicidal.

Top Bottom