• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'm looking for a Lafayette area location to do a couple of transfers from online orders for me in the next couple of weeks. Average price seems to be 15-25 bucks so what I'm really looking for is your experience on the customer service side. Is there any location that you've used for a transfer that you wouldn't go back to? On the other hand, was there one that you absolutely loved and go to every time you need one? I'm willing to pay a little bit more for outstanding customer service but I'm not running a charity out of my wallet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's a tough one. I've done a lot of transfers through Four Guns but I can't honestly say that they have good customer service. You have to follow up and make sure of every step yourself. I talked to the guy at Haley's but he seemed to be very nervous about it and wanted to check up on the FFL. Just seemed like he was uncomfortable with the whole process. I haven't tried Applied Ballistics but I know they do them. They treat everyone as a noob. There is a place called Sallee's on Klondike that does them for $30. He seems like a really good guy but I haven't used him for a transfer. Of course, you could always use Gander but I don't know what they charge. I have been kind of looking around for another option myself. Especially since Four Guns is being sold. So, I guess I didn't help much.

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    Walkers Taxidermy and Tippecanoe sports shop you won't find nicer more helpful bunch not sure what they charge for transfers
    There on St. Rd 25 south nexted to Casie gas station

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    That's a tough one. I've done a lot of transfers through Four Guns but I can't honestly say that they have good customer service. You have to follow up and make sure of every step yourself. I talked to the guy at Haley's but he seemed to be very nervous about it and wanted to check up on the FFL. Just seemed like he was uncomfortable with the whole process. I haven't tried Applied Ballistics but I know they do them. They treat everyone as a noob. There is a place called Sallee's on Klondike that does them for $30. He seems like a really good guy but I haven't used him for a transfer. Of course, you could always use Gander but I don't know what they charge. I have been kind of looking around for another option myself. Especially since Four Guns is being sold. So, I guess I didn't help much.

I work the counter at Gander and won't do a transfer through them. Don't bother. They charge $75...basically telling you to eff off and go bother someone else.

Walkers Taxidermy and Tippecanoe sports shop you won't find nicer more helpful bunch not sure what they charge for transfers
    There on St. Rd 25 south nexted to Casie gas station

I'll have to get in touch with them. If it's at or close to 20 I think between the two comments above that's who I'll go with.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Tippecanoe County
    $75!?!?!? Holy sh*t, that's ridiculous! They must really not like having to do transfers...or is that just a sneaky ploy to get folks to buy from them instead?

I've used Four Guns, and had no issues. Birds Away is correct that you must know whats going on though, because they aren't going to contact you to say "hey your transfer came in". Are they obligated to? No, but it would be a nice gesture and good CS. I've heard good things about Walker's but have never dealt with them personally. I stopped in MidWest Tactical on SR38 a while back to window shop and the guy at the counter seemed knowledgable and was very nice. You may want to check them out as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    $75!?!?!? Holy sh*t, that's ridiculous! They must really not like having to do transfers...or is that just a sneaky ploy to get folks to buy from them instead?

I've used Four Guns, and had no issues. Birds Away is correct that you must know whats going on though, because they aren't going to contact you to say "hey your transfer came in". Are they obligated to? No, but it would be a nice gesture and good CS. I've heard good things about Walker's but have never dealt with them personally. I stopped in MidWest Tactical on SR38 a while back to window shop and the guy at the counter seemed knowledgable and was very nice. You may want to check them out as well.

Careful, you'll let the secret out!

I think midwest tactical said theirs was only $20 and some of it goes to support a local Boy Scout troop or something like that. As long as the customer service is good I think I'll head their direction because Tippecanoe Sport Shop wants 30. It's nice to think some of the money goes to support a local organization...

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    Applied Ballistics. 100%. I was in and out in under 15 minutes when I picked up my SP2022 last month from Bud's. Great staff, very helpful every time I go there. And you can shoot it immediately after you sign the papers! I'll go there for every transfer in the future.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    When I was @ the new midwest tactical store his transfer fee was $10 and the whole amount went to the local boy scout troop. That may have changed since then. Fourguns is still a solid option. I have met the new owner and he is very enthusiastic and has some capital to throw into some serious inventory upgrades. If you haven't been in there for awhile, check in about a month to see his improvements.

Top Bottom