• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Crimson Trace Laser for my LCP. I was just looking for input from those who have one. Does it make a significant difference on aiming? How about a difference in pocket carry? In daylight I can group the size of my fist at 7 yards but recently began to wondering about low light/ no light.:dunno:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have several and think they work great... Got to CTs web site and ask for the "art of survivial" vid.. It will give you a different perspective on the advantages of a laser.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    I just got an LCP. U thought about a laser equipped model but for as close up as those are meant to use I don't see the point. It really shouldn't be any more than point and pull. Those guns barely have sights on top. Just my thoughts on them , by the way so far I think it's a great little gun.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    shot a lcp once. hurt my hand when shooting it. doesnt feel right. personal preference is all. however, a properly aligned laser is a big plus.

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    I was thinking of something for the wife and she's a small woman. I think the lazier could serve two purposes, make my wife feel comfortable with her ability to be more accurate in any instance and the beam itself being frightening to the perp.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My wife and I both have Crimson Trace on our LCPs, wouldn't have it any other way.
    As a plus, it makes a great training aid to get used to the trigger on the LCP. Practice dry firing while keeping the laser on target. At 7 yards I could give a bad guy a headache no problem with the CT.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I've got CT grips on my Glock, and I found that there is no extra work involved in getting the laser on, which means no extra steps no extra training to activate the laser will come on naturally. I examined one in a LGS that had a lasermax with that slide button and I hated the interface and button and thought process and inconsistency of being able to find and press the button.

Then it comes to lasers, they help me aquire the target faster and point shoot and shoot from less than ideal angles and it's easier to track the laser dot when moving, which means that getting the gun up to or back up to plane is all I need to do to transition to the front sights. I am more accurate with the fundamental proper stance or walking but the room to have my arms out and front sight, I'm a better shot from the less that perfect stance with the laser because that indexing on my body now has a visual cue, and shooting with both eyes open it helps the eye track when you're looking at your target before between after shots.

The laser also has great training value for new shooters, when it comes to seeing the effect of sloppy trigger control, and you can see that laser move in real time and get it so that the dot doesn't move with a good clean trigger pull, which helps build dry fire muscle memory.

Nothing about putting a laser on a gun makes your shots themselves more accurate, but the laser can aid in developing those fundamentals and guiding and teaching and improving your abilities in the indexing/point shooting realm.

And it is still a piece of equipment, the same as you practice a tap rack bang you need to practice what use will be like should the batteries fail. And unless you send the LCP off for some serious work, night sights aren't an easy addon, so it would help in the dark situations to some extent. I can see my CT dot up and til about 20 yards on white paper in daylight, and it's visible under a 150 lumen flashlight illumination on a while surface. as about the same distance.

Top Bottom