• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I live in West Lafayette and am looking to learn how to properly shoot a rifle. MY first buy is a Mosin Nagant, so I know it will kick like a mule. I plan on buying a 10/22 to learn better on. The only lead I have right now is the Wildcat Valley Club

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Appleseed. there will be one in Crawfordsville in a few weeks. let us know and someone can supply a loaner .22 for the first day and then bring in the shoulder cannon for Sunday

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Wildcat valley R&P club in brookston offers a highpower rifle instructional class every spring. you might have missed it this year? but it is a great class. I took it one year and helped out the next. Usually it is AR and M1 heavy but people show up with all kinds of stuff and there are peeps that will loan you a rifle for the class as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I live in West Lafayette and am looking to learn how to properly shoot a rifle. MY first buy is a Mosin Nagant, so I know it will kick like a mule. I plan on buying a 10/22 to learn better on. The only lead I have right now is the Wildcat Valley Club

Appleseed.

(I hate being left out)

Then come see me, or Glock21 (Fortress Defense), or cedartop (Suarez Intl).

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Thanks for the great replies fellas. I found another great option. Has anyone heard of Appleseed? They seem to run a pretty tight ship. The Crawfordsville lesson doesn't work with my schedule. I will be floating in the Carribean on my honeymoon that weekend hehe. My in-laws live in Cloverdale so it looks like that next class will work perfect. Just hope I don't have to work...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Thanks for the great replies fellas. I found another great option. Has anyone heard of Appleseed? They seem to run a pretty tight ship. The Crawfordsville lesson doesn't work with my schedule. I will be floating in the Carribean on my honeymoon that weekend hehe. My in-laws live in Cloverdale so it looks like that next class will work perfect. Just hope I don't have to work...

Cloverdale is always a good shoot. DaveD, who is usually the shoot boss there is a great instructor. Your Mosin probably isn't the best rifle to take to a 'Seed, though. A .22LR is cheapest. If you need a loaner, let the SB know. Or PM me, I can accommodate if needed.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Cloverdale is always a good shoot. DaveD, who is usually the shoot boss there is a great instructor. Your Mosin probably isn't the best rifle to take to a 'Seed, though. A .22LR is cheapest. If you need a loaner, let the SB know. Or PM me, I can accommodate if needed.

You guys are awesome. MY future In-Laws live in Cloverdale and he let me borrow his 10/22. Hopefully I can get him to come along as well. Who couldn't use a little extra training.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have very much liked all of the Appleseed Instructors I have met thus far. They are a good group of people with a good program. If you want to learn how to shoot a rifle and enjoy some American history, go see them.
    If you want to learn to fight with a rifle I would be happy to have you at one of our classes. May 27, 2012 - Combat Rifle Marksmanship - Rochester, IN

See you the 27th. I will be the Harley guy with the Mini and the AK.

Top Bottom