• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Here is a mostly complete training schedule for 2022. I have 1 more medical class I am working on and I will also be hosting Guy Relfords Indiana Gun Laws class. I highly recommend Guy's class. As a gun owner it is one of the best $50 you will spend.

April 1-3, 2022
    Gunsite Academy 150 Three Day Pistol.

3 days of Gunsite doctrine covering the Modern Technique of the pistol!
    This is an excellent opportunity for first time students to learn Gunsite doctrine. It is also a great refresher for our alumni graduates.
    We will cover the Combat Triad – marksmanship, gun handling and mindset. As with all our courses, safety will drive everything we do as you progress during 3 days of world premier pistol training.
    For more information and to register visit www.gunsite.com

May 2-6, 2022
    AGS Sniper School (LEO Only)

Our Basic Sniper School curriculum is designed for new officers who have been assigned to a Sniper/Observer unit for the first time. Even officers, who have been away from the skill for a while are also afforded a chance to re-learn the basics of the sniper rifle and become both proficient and safe in its deployment. This course covers fundamentals of marksmanship, ballistics, ammunition selection and usage, shooting positions, effects of weather, data book set up and theory, team techniques, known distance range firing from 100 to 200 yds.

For more information and to register visit www.alexandergs.com

May 13-15, 2022
    Gunsite 160 Three Day Shotgun

160 is The Modern Technique as applied to the defensive shotgun. You will now be in command of one of the least-understood but most prolific weapons systems available. Effective out to and beyond 100 yards, the defensive shotgun’s flexibility and versatility demands a special set of manipulation skills, making it a “thinking person’s” weapon system.

In your 160 you develop the marksmanship and manipulation skills that will make you the master of this potent arm. Your ability to make ammunition selection, continuity of fire, malfunction clearances and transitions to the handgun will keep you in the fight. The defensive shotgun is a demanding weapon system, but extremely effective. In the home, on the road, or on duty, the Gunsite 160 defensive shotgun experience will provide you with the unique skills to be highly effective with this versatile tool.

June 25-26, 2022
    Gabe White Pistol Shooting Solutions

This class is two full days of intermediate to advanced level training. We use live and dry fire to improve our defensive use of the handgun, encompassing accuracy and efficiency in shooting, gun-handling, and personal tactics. This will include a heavy focus on developing students’ technical skills and the application of those skills to solve problems relevant to defensive use of the handgun, including simple and complex spatial problems, and mitigation of danger to bystanders. Essentially, this class will focus on high performance in concealed carry and self-defense with a handgun.

• Efficient drawstroke
    • Shot calling
    • Driving the gun on single and multiple targets (shooting mechanics)
    • Full spectrum shooting on the move (controlled and dynamic movement)
    • Shooting on the move competitive exercises
    • Foreground and background mitigation
    • Ready position presentations
    • Basic and advanced use of cover
    • Use of cover competitive exercises
    • Technical Skills Testing
    • Effective dry practice
    For more information and to register visit www.gabewhitetraining.com

July 8-10, 2022
    Gunsite Pistol/Carbine

3 days of Gunsite doctrine covering the Modern Technique of the pistol and the carbine!
    This is an excellent opportunity for first time students to learn Gunsite doctrine. It is also a great refresher for our alumni graduates.
    We will cover the Combat Triad – marksmanship, gun handling and mindset. As with all our courses, safety will drive everything we do as you progress during 3 days of world premier pistol and carbine training.
    Our Gunsite Instructors will put you through the paces with both weapons systems during the week. This class is appropriate for both novices and experienced shooters, with no prerequisites.

July 17, 2022
    Guardian Firearms Academy Ladies Only Basic Pistol Home Defense

This class is for the shooter who has a pistol at home for personal protection. At the completion of this course, you will be better prepared to defend yourself and family with a pistol while in your home. This is a beginner’s basic class and you will be taught a working knowledge of the handgun. You will not need an Indiana Handgun License to take this class.

Course Objectives:

• Firearms Safety including home storage
    • Legal issues related to the use of the firearm
    • Safe use of the firearm for personal protection
    • Shot placement on the human body for maximum effectiveness
    • Bullet demonstration and selection for self-defense

Let us give you the shooting skills and thought process needed to defend yourself and family from those who would plan to harm you. Our classes are small in participant size, so that each student gets the proper instruction time and attention needed.

For more information and to register visit http://guardianfirearmsacademy.com/

Aug 6-7, 2022
    Sage Dynamic RDS (red dot sight) Defensive Handgun

RDS Defensive Handgun is intended for anyone with little or no formal experience operating an RDS handgun in a self defense manner. This course teaches safe handling and efficient operation of an RDS equipped handgun. Students will learn correct techniques for drawing and presenting the weapon, as well as fundamental techniques for employing the handgun in defense of self or others.

This RDS focus course is intended to address specifics of RDS use not found with traditional iron sight handguns. Specific skills, concepts and principles unique to RDS handguns are covered in-depth.

As Defensive Handgun is self-defense focused, students are expected to train from concealment or from their duty holster (if LE/MIL). Defensive handgun will progress from most-to-least likely skills over the course of 16 hours to best prepare students for handgun use in a violent encounter.

*This course is not intended for anyone without a basic understanding of firearm operation, safety, draw from the holster and general marksmanship.

For more information and to register visit www.sagedynamics.org

Aug 20-21, 2022
    Modern Samurai Project 2 day RDS (red dot sight) Pistol

Topics Covered

Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
    Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
    Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
    Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
    Red dots at distance
    Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
    Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
    Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
    How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
    Target transitions
    Shooting on the move
    Why you should compete
    Mini match to test skills
    An opportunity to test for the Black Belt Patch.

For more information and to register visit www.modernsamuraiproject.com

Aug 24-26, 2022
    Warrior Poet Society Pistol 1, Rifle 1, Rifle 2

PISTOL 1

This 1 day course lays the foundation for all future pistol training. Safety, range etiquette, clearing, loading, equipment, fundamentals of fire, drawstroke, clearing stoppages, common mistakes, and warrior mindset are the main subjects tackled in this essential course. Though this training is designed for beginners, the subject matter and technique allows students to build realistic skills that can survive the test of stress and small time constraints.

RIFLE 1

This 1 day course lays the foundation for all future rifle training. Safety, range etiquette, weapon operation, accessories, fundamentals of fire, shooting/ready positions, rapid target acquisition, target transitions, clearing of stoppages, rapid fire, and warrior mindset are the main subjects tackled in this essential course. Though this training is designed for beginners, the subject matter and technique allows students to build realistic skills that can survive the test of stress and small time constraints.

RIFLE 2

This 1 day course begins with a review of safety protocols and an audit of each individual’s shooting fundamentals. During this course, students will be introduced to movement, use of cover and/or concealment, alternate body positions, scenario based stress fires, fighter mindset, and more. This course requires prior training equivalent to Rifle 1.

For more information and to register visit https://warriorpoetsociety.us

**Registration is not open yet**

September 11, 2022
    Guardian Firearms Academy Defensive Carry Pistol

Class Description:

This class is for the shooter who is going to carry a pistol for personal protection. At the completion of this course, you will be better prepared to defend yourself and family with a pistol from your person or while in your home. You should have a working knowledge of the handgun before this class. This class has a high round count, and the student should be ready to be physically active for the entire class.

For more information and to register visit http://guardianfirearmsacademy.com/

September 16-18, 2022
    Gunsite Academy 150 Three Day Pistol.

3 days of Gunsite doctrine covering the Modern Technique of the pistol!
    We will cover the Combat Triad – marksmanship, gun handling and mindset. As with all our courses, safety will drive everything we do as you progress during 3 days of world premier pistol training.

September 20-21, 2022
    Ernest Langdon 2 day Tactical Pistol Skills

Topics that will be covered:

Full Spectrum Trigger Control
    Alternate Aiming Techniques
    Cognitive Processing Drills and Decision Making
    Self Analyzation for Maximum Improvement
    Testing Subconscious Performance
    Shooting at the Limit of Human Function
    Shooting on the Move
    Running and Shooting on Steel fast
    One Handed Shooting
    Dealing with Awkward Shooting Positions
    Low-light techniques discussions
    Hand-held flashlight techniques
    .... and more
    For more information and to register https://langdontactical.com/new-format-2-day-tactical-pistol-skills-september-20-21-2022-lebanon-in/

October 2, 2022
    Guardian Firearms Academy Ladies Only Basic Pistol Home Defense

This class is for the shooter who has a pistol at home for personal protection. At the completion of this course, you will be better prepared to defend yourself and family with a pistol while in your home. This is a beginner’s basic class and you will be taught a working knowledge of the handgun. You will not need an Indiana Handgun License to take this class.

Course Objectives:

• Firearms Safety including home storage
    • Legal issues related to the use of the firearm
    • Safe use of the firearm for personal protection
    • Shot placement on the human body for maximum effectiveness
    • Bullet demonstration and selection for self-defense

Let us give you the shooting skills and thought process needed to defend yourself and family from those who would plan to harm you. Our classes are small in participant size, so that each student gets the proper instruction time and attention needed.

For more information and to register visit http://guardianfirearmsacademy.com

October 8-9, 2022
    Reston Group 2 Day Performance Gunfighting Mod 1 Rifle/Pistol

Jared Reston has been a Law Enforcement Officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office since 2001 and has been an active member of S.W.A.T. since 2004. Jared is currently assigned as a Detective in the Department of Homeland Security/Gang Investigations Unit, and he is the assistant team leader and lead firearms instructor for the swat team. Jared has been involved in the successful resolution of over 1,000 swat missions, including several lethal force incidents.

Watch Jared talk about his shooting where he received a medal of valor for his actions.

Participants in this course should have a core understanding of marksmanship fundamentals and strong weapons handling skills. Building on these fundamentals, participants will be instructed in high performance skills and will practice techniques to enable them to successfully perform in firearm engagements.

Days are typically 9-10 hours in length with a short lunch break. Certificates are given upon successful completion of the second day.

For more information and to register visit https://restongrouptraining.com

November 11-13, 2022
    Gunsite Academy 123 Three Day Carbine.

In this class you will learn proper zeroing and sighting for your choice of sights and optics. All manipulations will be thoroughly taught as they apply to your weapon system. You will fire from a variety of conventional and unconventional shooting positions. Our instructors will show you how to get into and recover from sitting, kneeling and prone variations. This course also includes introduction to low light and no light shooting techniques.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I really want to take my son to GunSite. He turns 18 in April. But will be in school when the 150 pistol is offered. He would love 160 shotgun but I feel pistol should come first. (Maybe I can send the boy up to Cedartop for a werkend of handgun training?). The pistol/carbine class might be fun as well, but that is the weekend he moves to college.

College - here is the rub. Tuition for two, plus ammo, plus hotel. That goes a long way towards the cost of college. But my wife agrees that Max and I need to go to GunSite together.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I am really considering that, but I just cant justify that kind of dough just so I can say I am a Gunsite graduate.

It's about the skill set you have and not who provided it. If your skills are to the point that the 150 class isn't going to add value then you absolutely should skip it.

It is surely a lot of money but if you can get it together I don't think you'll be disappointed. I took the 150 class years ago in Lebanon and just returned from the 250 class at their Arizona campus. To me Gunsite seems to have pulled it all together into a simple and structured doctrine that works. Obviously what worked for me isn't going to work for everyone.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It's about the skill set you have and not who provided it. If your skills are to the point that the 150 class isn't going to add value then you absolutely should skip it.

It is surely a lot of money but if you can get it together I don't think you'll be disappointed. I took the 150 class years ago in Lebanon and just returned from the 250 class at their Arizona campus. To me Gunsite seems to have pulled it all together into a simple and structured doctrine that works. Obviously what worked for me isn't going to work for everyone.
    I appreciate the feedback, I truly do. If I only took classes that were above my current level, I probably wouldn't take anymore or very few. I don't agree that you have to go to a higher level class, to get value At this point I have had more classes than I can remember, dozens at least and still sometimes take beginner classes because I want to see if someone brings something different to the table. There are a lot of things I think differently about now than when I had say only a couple hundred hours of training. I hope I continue to grow. I can definitely continue to improve, but sometimes I just take a class because I enjoy it.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I appreciate the feedback, I truly do. If I only took classes that were above my current level, I probably wouldn't take anymore or very few. I don't agree that you have to go to a higher level class, to get value At this point I have had more classes than I can remember, dozens at least and still sometimes take beginner classes because I want to see if someone brings something different to the table. There are a lot of things I think differently about now than when I had say only a couple hundred hours of training. I hope I continue to grow. I can definitely continue to improve, but sometimes I just take a class because I enjoy it.

I take a lot of beginner classes specifically to help me teach. If there's something I can take from a class like a specific way to explain something or the order in which specific skills are taught, then it was of great benefit. That isn't to say I'm some shooting expert, because I'm certainly not. I always learn something new, no matter how basic the class is. My goal, though, is to find things I can bring back to my PD that will help make my coworkers better shooters... plus I just like to shoot.

Top Bottom