• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    My concern is... why does it have to be an LEO backup gun? We as citizens have the right to keep and bear arms... so shouldn't we be considering BUG's for ourselves as well?

While I worked as a security guard, I carried a G23 with a G27 as a BUG on my Ankle. It worked wonders.

If I still had my G27, I would have put a 9mm barrel into it as carried it as a G26. Kinda kickin' myself for it now.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Excellent point!! I always felt more comfortable with two or even 3 guns on me as a citizen, simply because I was out there on my own. Definitely not looking for trouble,but more or less ready if it found me.

My concern is... why does it have to be an LEO backup gun? We as citizens have the right to keep and bear arms... so shouldn't we be considering BUG's for ourselves as well?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was an applicant for the state's 69th selection process.

Don't let it get you down. Most guys try 3 and 4 or more times before they get hired. My old partner (who is now a Lt.) Tried for State twice and didn't get it... It took me 2 attempts to get the job offer from (then) IPD.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Don't let it get you down. Most guys try 3 and 4 or more times before they get hired. My old partner (who is now a Lt.) Tried for State twice and didn't get it... It took me 2 attempts to get the job offer from (then) IPD.

Yeah I am not that disappointed, honestly I am happy to have made it down to the last 225 considering there were 6,000 + applicants. I am def gonna apply again and now at least I will have an idea of what the process involves for their next one. They cut the class size down from ~120 to 75 which is probably what hurt me.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Going through the process, from start to wherever, really gives you some kind of perspective as to the kind of folks that want that job. I can't believe that even half of the applicants at the first written test that I went to could even pass a background check, or read the damn test for that matter...

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    6,000 applicants :n00b: What is the selection process like. What is ISP looking for? Just curious.

Yeah I am not that disappointed, honestly I am happy to have made it down to the last 225 considering there were 6,000 + applicants. I am def gonna apply again and now at least I will have an idea of what the process involves for their next one. They cut the class size down from ~120 to 75 which is probably what hurt me.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I will carry something powerful enough to defeat body armour as a backup when I start....its not easy to unlock the ar15 quickly from the rack in the cars...

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    All that comes to mind in that category is the FN FiveSeveN. That'd be a helluva BUG!

indeed, anything faster than a 9mm will defeat standard leo/military vests, as all of them I've seen are good for one 9mm, multiple 45s, etc....

that being said, a .38 super, 5.7x28, 357 sig & mag, 38 special, and such should defeat it relatively easy. I just fear coming across someone who is wearing armour, and have thought "what if" so, .38 super, then ar15 if the pistol didn't work.....at least I'd have something that'd hit em harder than the duty weapon

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    indeed, anything faster than a 9mm will defeat standard leo/military vests, as all of them I've seen are good for one 9mm, multiple 45s, etc....

that being said, a .38 super, 5.7x28, 357 sig & mag, 38 special, and such should defeat it relatively easy. I just fear coming across someone who is wearing armour, and have thought "what if" so, .38 super, then ar15 if the pistol didn't work.....at least I'd have something that'd hit em harder than the duty weapon

With the exception of 5.7x28 on that list, all I can say is:

ARE YOU ON DRUGS:wtf:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Those would have to be some of the crappiest vests on the market. The LevelIIA vest that I trusted my life to was rated for up to .357magnum. The IIIA's and IV's are rated up to centerfire rifle with the ceramic plate armor.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Those would have to be some of the crappiest vests on the market. The LevelIIA vest that I trusted my life to was rated for up to .357magnum. The IIIA's and IV's are rated up to centerfire rifle with the ceramic plate armor.

ahhhh, see all I was saying is what I have personally seen, so I don't know much other than that. hmmm, with all that being said, I suppose a round could accidentally drift upwards a bit, or I need to price an fn......:):

thanks for enlightening tho, enough of the :hijack:

ANdrew

Top Bottom