• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you have a lifetime, irrevocable man card?

• Total voters

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    OP depends...

If you dressed like this while making those cookies
    28_skittedmen_lg.jpg

then I think we will have to revoke your MAN CARD!

:rofl:

I'd wear #1 to the range. Sometimes you just want to feel pretty gosh darnit!!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    putting your man card in jeopardy
    -eating quiche
    -wearing decorations on your ears
    -make up of any kind

-texting until your fingers bleed
    -squealing if you see a mouse or spider
    -wearing a clip-on tie

securing your man card
    -cutting your own firewood
    -butchering your own livestock or game
    -wearing a kilt in public
    -building a fire without matches

I guess that many of the world's tribal warriors, Indians (feather not dot) and many African tribes must not have been men. I guess that would include the make up if you'd count war paint as make up.

I agree with Ogre though. If you've got to make a list of things to prove you're manly, you're probably trying way too hard or you're only fooling yourself. And yes, most of the world's best chefs and bakers are men.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    a real man wouldn't care about what others thought of his interests... or about the loss of his hypothetical man card...

This. :):
    If you just want to do stuff that will "make you look manly" then you never had this card in the first place.

Besides giving birth there is not much a man cannot do.

Cooking, dancing, sewing, whatever you want you can do it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess that many of the world's tribal warriors, Indians (feather not dot) and many African tribes must not have been men. I guess that would include the make up if you'd count war paint as make up.

I agree with Ogre though. If you've got to make a list of things to prove you're manly, you're probably trying way too hard or you're only fooling yourself. And yes, most of the world's best chefs and bakers are men.

:yesway:

Yeah go tell this guy he's not manly.Good luck with that. :):

maori-warrior350.jpg

Also besides Chefs, most fashion designers are men.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    putting your man card in jeopardy...

-wearing decorations on your ears - Hey, a guy can play Pretty-Pretty-Princess with his 5-year old daughter!

And I'd argue that the man who can't do so is not comfortable in his masculinity, but I think perhaps he meant earrings worn by one's own choice. ;)

Being a man means taking care of what needs taken care of, or, to quote Mr. Heinlein:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

and as Heinlein noted, it's not gender-specific. Maybe I should say "being an adult...", but this thread is about a man card.

This does not mean I won't good-naturedly tease about it, however. :):

Blessings,
    Bill

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Do I get to keep my mancard if I clean the kitchen sink strainers with a brass brush chucked in a Dewalt cordless drill? :dunno: ........hypothetically speaking, of course.:D

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Meh, I do it all anyway. Still have certain things though that require me to keep my man-card.

Sorry folks but if you ever get the Bieber-Fever and you didn't just start your menstrual cycle like a teenage girl, your man card is revoked.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I think that each civilization judges manliness on different criteria.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think that each civilization judges manliness on different criteria.

This is true but when if comes down to someone making a list and including many things many men throughout history (that have been MUCH more manly than the list maker) have done, I think that person is quite possibly overcompensating.

If you want to cook/bake, go ahead. You want to wear make up, paint your nails, and pluck your eyebrows, go ahead. If you want to wear a dress, fine go ahead. (I've actually know people that did both of the last 2 and were much more manly than just about anyone that has to make a list and try to qualify to be a man).

Top Bottom