• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, so I've been dieting with the wife. following Jenny Craig for hte last 5 weeks (lost 16.8lbs and 4 inches around the waist). I always carry on the weekends, and this past Sat I forgot to pull my full size Springer before stepping on the scales. When I noticed I was half a pound heavier than the previous week I remember it was still on... took it off, had the wife hold it and we noticed a 2.8lb drop (5" 1911A1 Mil-Spec with ACT 8-rd mag and one in the chamber). Not a big deal to our weigh in person as she carries an LCP everywhere she goes since getting robbed last year....

But it got me to thinking. I love the feel/size of the 5" springer even better than I liked the 1991A1 Compact 3.5" I had before. But is there a lightweight option? Something that drops... say.... half a pound or more?

Also, names of 1911 'smith to do a trigger/sight/hammer on it as I just don't feel like tacklingthat job on my own would be helpful too. I'm on the NW side of Indy.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I thought there was a lighter weight 1911 avaiable from kimber..it had an AL frame if i recall correctly. I am not 100 % sure but I believe it came out a few yrs ago. IF there is not one i hope they come out with one

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yea Kimber makes some with aluminum frames, I know there is one with a 4" barrel. Not sure about a full 5" government model though. The 4" is called a carry Pro or something.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Check out Caspian titanium frames and slides and explore having one custom built....I did this in a commander size and it is a real honey:rockwoot:

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I from time to time carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II Elite. Very light weight and easy to conceal. Check out the Kimber Super Carry Pro, the bobbed mainspring housing is a nice feature and a lightweight pistol.
    Dan Wesson makes a nice model also!

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I have a Colt officer's stainless and a lightweight officer's and the difference is noticeable when carrying.

Top Bottom