• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asystole86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I just submitted my Application for a license to carry. In 2006 when i was 18 i was charged with submitting a false police report. (In Illinois a class 4 felony) Having not committed any previous infractions i was offered a plea of a reduced sentence. I took the plea , it became a Class A Misdemeanor of Disorderly conduct. My question is how likely is it i will be denied a LTCH. I have filled out form 4473 and purchased 3 firearms . The NICS check never delayed was always instant. So if anyone has any idea of how likely i am to be denied please let me know. Im setting my self up for disappointment. :(

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    (g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
    (1) has been convicted of a felony;
    (2) has had a license to carry a handgun suspended, unless the person's license has been reinstated;
    (3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
    (4) is under twenty-three (23) years of age if the person has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult; or
    (5) has been arrested for a Class A or Class B felony, or any other felony that was committed while armed with a deadly weapon or that involved the use of violence, if a court has found probable cause to believe that the person committed the offense charged.
    In the case of an arrest under subdivision (5), a license to carry a handgun may be issued to a person who has been acquitted of the specific offense charged or if the charges for the specific offense are dismissed. The superintendent shall prescribe all forms to be used in connection with the administration of this chapter.

It looks to me like you are fine.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I was charged with a couple Misdemeanors in my younger stupider days and wasnt denied. Shoot now I have a form for my suppressor and a sbr pending at the BATF lol

Top Bottom