• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I owned one for several years. I liked being able to shoot short, as well as long, and long rifle .22's in it.
    The short stroke chamber (Designed by Marsh, Carbine, Williams,) needed to be kept clean, but if it was it worked perfectly.
    I never had a stoppage or FTF with mine. I traded it some years ago and have often wished I hadn't.

Here's a link with some more info on it.
    Remington 550 - Rimfire Shooting

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I owned one for several years. I liked being able to shoot short, as well as long, and long rifle .22's in it.
    The short stroke chamber (Designed by Marsh, Carbine, Williams,) needed to be kept clean, but if it was it worked perfectly.
    I never had a stoppage or FTF with mine. I traded it some years ago and have often wished I hadn't.

Here's a link with some more info on it.
    Remington 550 - Rimfire Shooting

Thanks for the info! I really liked the way it fit me. I'm just looking for a plinker to take out and shoot targets, varmints, etc. You're right, you can shoot lower load rounds as well as higher velocity. I'm just hoping the price is right.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Thanks for the info! I really liked the way it fit me. I'm just looking for a plinker to take out and shoot targets, varmints, etc. You're right, you can shoot lower load rounds as well as higher velocity. I'm just hoping the price is right.
    The "2010 Standard Catalog Of Firearms, Collectors Price and Reference Guide" shows a "good" model at $150.00 and a "very good" model at $275.00.
    That's quite a spread!
    I'd say $200.00 would be a fair price for one in excellent mechanical and good visual condition. :)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thanks a bunch for the info, but Kenny at Bradis set me up nicely with a Western Auto- Revelation 22 Cal (with scope) in a SWEET deal. For now, the Remington is off the table. I really appreciate the info though. :+1:

Top Bottom