• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have been using a surplus USGI backpack for a long time and it's time to retire it. I don't even know where to start with a new backpack so I'll ask the knowledge base of INGO.

Things I need:
    Made in USA
    Great warranty
    24" tall

Things I want:
    Spot for camelbak
    Plenty of pockets
    Chest strap
    Waist strap
    Interior molle
    Non tactical looking

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Eberlestock has what you are looking for.

I have pretty extensive experience with the Eberlestock Phantom pack. I can attest to their build quality and durability but I don't believe they are made in the US. Mine was loaded down with approximately 70lbs of gear and was hauled, tossed, dropped & drug for several years with no appreciable wear. I did have a plastic clip break on it but I believe it was crushed while in the trunk of my car rather than failing due to strain. I looped parachute cord through the sewn in loop ends where the clip had been and that worked fine for me.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I may have misrepresented what I'm looking for. This pack is something that will go into hotels, libraries, etc. and everywhere with me. A hunting/3 day hiking pack might not fit the bill due to the size, shape, and overall look. If someone looked at the pack I'd rather they thought, "No bother with that book bag, probably a bunch of dirty socks in it." All of the Eberlestock, Kifaru (They would probably steal the Kifaru just because it looks like an awesome pack!), or anything else with 100 straps that pull it tight tend to look very purpose built.

Arro 22 Backpack / Men's / Packs / Arc'teryx / Arc'teryx

Arc'teryx designed the U.S. Marine Corps ILBE pack system.
    That looks great and it isn't crazy expensive.

Waterproof? Bonus! I have an email to see what country they are made in.

Kifaru

Having owned KUIU, Stone Glacier, HPG, Mystery Ranch, and Z, Kifaru beats them all.
    They look awesome but they might be a bit out of my price range.

This one looks interesting.
    Black Long Range Bug Out Bag
    I really don't like all the molle but I can cut it off if need be. I like that it unzips all the way down.

Eberlestock has what you are looking for.
    Not from the USA, awesome gear though!

I have pretty extensive experience with the Eberlestock Phantom pack. I can attest to their build quality and durability but I don't believe they are made in the US. Mine was loaded down with approximately 70lbs of gear and was hauled, tossed, dropped & drug for several years with no appreciable wear. I did have a plastic clip break on it but I believe it was crushed while in the trunk of my car rather than failing due to strain. I looped parachute cord through the sewn in loop ends where the clip had been and that worked fine for me.
    Your views are always very much appreciated. If I recall correctly they are made in Vietnam.

I am awaiting to find out where these are made, but they look interesting. Thoughts?

https://us.directactiongear.com/ghost-backpack#01

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Bump a old thread.

I'm going to go this route for my AR pistol with the LawTactical folding stock.

Details:
    Over All Foot Print Size Length 22"x Width 12.5" Depth 4"
    4 Zippered Pockets
    E.D.C.
    7"W x 5"D
    Top Inner
    8"W X 10 D
    Bottom Lower
    10"W x 8.5" D
    Water Bottle Pouches 8.5" Deep
    Zippered Front Pocket
    8"-12" Taper x 17" D

[video]https://youtu.be/TDREsLirGyw[/video]

Revelation BackPack , Part of the Sentinel Concepts Elite Collection by TUFF Products

Last edited:
    Top Bottom