• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok, so, I'm looking for a new .22 pistol since my 45s scare the hell out of my girlfriend. YEARS ago I had a S&W 622 that I liked since the control functions were all pretty much the same as the 1911, but I can't find one, anywhere. I had a Walther P22 for my ex wife, and I liked it sorta.
    I'm looking for suggestions on other decent .22 pistols, preferably something that will make transitioning to a 1911 easy down the road for her. I've never had any luck w/ the 22 conversion kits for the 1911s, that's why I'm looking for an actual gun before somebody suggests that route.
    Thanks!

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    No affiliation, but there's a couple of GSG-1911's available in the classifieds.

It's not a 1911 form factor but there's also a pretty good deal on the M&P22 as well.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    For target practice, which is about all this caliber is good for anyways, I would recommend the S&W 22A. I recently purchased one and it is hella accurate. I read a lot of reviews about similar competition type pistols, and this one, while being most affordable, was also always rated as a top choice. Anyways, that's my two cents, g'luck!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    GSG-1911 is what you are looking for if you want a 1911 trainer.

For a range gun/plinker I would recommend a Browning buckmark or Ruger 22/45

I own both a Walther p22 and sig mosquito. Would not trade my browning for both of them.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Might as well buck up and get a ruger auto pistol. Cost is a bit more but it has lifetimes of use in each one. Want the government 1911 get get that 22/45. I prefer the reg grip mark II's.

The kel-tek pmr-30 is a cool concept. Back in the day I had the grendel p-30 basically the same gun. As with all 22 mag auto pistols they can be/are finicky on what they will shoot. My AMT 22 mag only shot winchester 40 grain bullets. Nothing else would make a mag rack off ten shots. The grendal wanted the federal 50 grains and sometimes cci mini mags.Not knocking the new ones it is just not something I would take a chance on. Just think the 22 mag rimefire might lend itself to a revolver like the single 6 better than the auto,

The 10-22 mag was cool. Someone makes a copy I can not remember who. A 10-22 barrel maker I believe.

Top Bottom